1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Re: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Countdown - 3 More Days!)

Knowing the game could come as early as tomorrow brings a certain feeling of excitement to the wait.

2. Tomion

Tomion Well-Known Member

umm I know this is off topic but what's AP and why is it so bad?

3. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

have uever played a non ap patched rom
    is u havent go play one and find out and if ut too lazy to do so ill tell ya

4. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

AP is anti Piracy if its on a game you may have to patch it to get it working it's an almost every new released rom and its bad because it can take long before we finally have an patch to get it working

5. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

for exaple....i still cant get the god damn ap and english prepatched maplestory to work!!!!!!!

6. Tomion

Tomion Well-Known Member

oh ok thanks
    man I cant wait to play it, I saw some gameplays and I loved the battle system :D

7. chaos20022002

chaos20022002 Active Member

just a thought but did the japanese rom have ap on it? if so wouldn't they know how to fix it? or atleast a general idea? or do they usually put ap on the us release and not the jp?

8. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Yeah the Japanese rom had AP. It took time to fix it however, but they found a way... AP is "universal" now :p (Basically meaning that all ROMs have it now or atleast 95% of them)

Damnit, I woke up happy today thinking the ROM might be out... Just going to have to keep waiting :)

9. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

Chances are none but Ill go take a look at the local game store, maybe the game will be there waiting for me. I dont think theyll have it but Im a fan of the series and I just cant wait anymore, been waiting for years now.

hopefully Ill get to buy it today. if that is the case, you can bet Ill try to dump it. Theres got to be some AP in it, lets hope that it will be the same form the jap version.

10. DragonQuester

Wow thanks so much! I still think there might be a copy or two waiting for you!
    I'm glad you have had experience in dumping games, if you manage to do it, you're my life saver!

11. Tomion

Tomion Well-Known Member

wait does AP it inside the game? like, how it's happens?
    and we all hope for you (donelwero) that you'll get the game today! ^ ^

12. DragonQuester

Nintendo always inputs AP into their games now, so that when people dump the games, the ROM will have to be patched in order to bypass the "black screen" or whatever. (Or that's what I think :-\) lol.
    Anyways, Donelwero, the best of luck to you or anyone else planning on getting the game and dumping it!!

13. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

Ill get to the store in 5 mins. Ill let you guys know

14. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Well, I hope for you there's someone who want to fix the Ap :p

15. chaos20022002

well was the ap fixed for the japanese game?

16. DragonQuester

Thanks for the update! :D
    Hopefully that someone is denolwero :p
    Yeah they bypassed the AP in the Japanese version...

The thing is, if it takes long to bypass the AP for the English version, some hackers take the data from the English version, transfer it to the Japanese version, and use the patch that they used for the Japanese version to get it to work. It's an effective method, but sometimes it misses out on some text, etc. They did that for Dragon Ball Origins 2 as well.

17. chaos20022002

then shouldn't they be able to apply the patch for the japanese game onto the english one?

never mind didn't read your whole post >_< lol

18. DragonQuester

lol, i hope they use that method if they can't easily bypass the new AP

19. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

damn! Sorry guys, no luck here. :(

20. Tomion

Tomion Well-Known Member

oh well....hope someone else will find that game