1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Range

Range Member

The patched (U) version would be nice to save me a little time if you could be so kind. ^^; I have a rom of the (U) version but it's got AP still. Either would work though.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The people who patched it only patched the ROM rather than releasing a standalone patch. I'll be uploading to Mediafire.

3. Range

Range Member

Thank you very much good sir.

4. LuckyTrouble77

http://www.mediafire.com/?pis46i8qb3gp49f

Password is RomU (for extraction)

5. Range

Range Member

Thanks for uploading. Got it now. Gotta say, that little bit at the start made me laugh. Big bouncing slime and the oh so happy music. XD

6. babaloo

babaloo New Member

Another mirror for the prepatched US version of the game. Use this one if the others get taken down. The more mirrors the better!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RRABGRZU

7. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

wow all of this just to get this game to work wow. here is my fix. (and this does work.) for people who have a r4 sdhc all you need is ysmenu with the newest files. what files they are i for got. but the game does work on r4 sdhc with ysmenu. i am all ready past my 2nd boss and i have had no proplems

8. nulliform

nulliform New Member

So I'm a bit confused--just scoured this thread quite a bit and I haven't gotten a definitive answer. It seems this works on Wood R4 (most recent version), but does this apply to the patched version listed here or the clean rom?

9. LuckyTrouble77

All clean versions of this game (U, E, and J version) work on the latest version of Wood R4. Just check the compatibility list for the latest and the past couple of versions to see that both Dragon Quest IX (U) and Dragon Quest IX (E) have been fixed for it.

10. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

i freaking love dragon quest IX now im at the place where u gotta lift the curse

11. gameboy5.0

nice same here my guy lv 18 or 19 now can stop playing it relly fun like to know when do i get other people in my party

12. koker

koker Active Member

My whole team is lvl 30 now, and im in that volcano ^^

13. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You can make a party in Stormway, you talk to patty.

14. gameboy5.0

thanks for the heads up lol trying to do the stuff with one guy is a pain hope he not to high of a lv

15. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Hmm, lifting the curse, is that the first dungeon, since Stormway is the second town. The party will even out in levels soon enough when you get them and keep fighting battles.

16. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

now im stuck on um........oh yea!the abbot who turn evil and into a awsome looking monster

17. rusty95

rusty95 Well-Known Member

gotta a small q.
    Played the game, works perfectly until it comes to saving. It says the save file is corrupted.
    Using R4.
    Pls help!

18. LuckyTrouble77

Be specific on which R4 it is.

19. rusty95

rusty95 Well-Known Member

its ummmm.....im not sure sorry! :'(
    I think its R4 v1.22 not sure about kernel.
    It does not have Ysmenu or Wood and i would prefer a solution without them.

20. LuckyTrouble77

High chances are it's a clone, so a workable version of Wood is already out of the question unless you want to try Wood All In One (WAIO). It's the latest (I believe) version of the Wood firmware made to work on R4 clones. Like I said, no idea if it will work specifically on yours (if it's an R4 SDHC it should work for sure, not sure about any other clones though).

YSMenu is an option too if you want to run the clean game

There is a cracked version of DQ IX though. Came out same day as the dump (very fast work), you'll find the link below.

The link is still up thanks to my brilliant file name and password. It's the cracked (U) version, splash screen still enabled.