1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. koker

koker Active Member

Nono, I've done that :)
    I mean where you must fight Morag ( Googled the name ), when I go in the throne room in Bridgeboom ( North of Zebe ) Morag isn't there. Do you have to do something special to get him there?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Did you listen to the nursery rhyme in Zere?

3. koker

koker Active Member

Yep, I am in Brigadoom, the city, I've searched everything, I looked in a walktrough, but it won't work for me. Maybe something is wrong with mij DS or rom....

Well, i'll listen to it again, althoug I don't think I am doing wrong. I saw the White Knight in Grigadoom.

EDIT: man, im stupid. When i talked to that lady at Zere,I forgot to save. So i think it should work now.
    Thanks anyway ^^

4. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

The link to the prepatched ROM isn't working, it says the file has been taken down.

EDIT: Is there a link to the patcher/patch around so I can just patch the rom I have?

5. SoulSword

SoulSword Member

Can someone put up another link of the clean rom, all links in here say expired/taken off, even the one put up by Nathan Drakeyesterday :|
    If im not mistaken i read it works on R4 wood 1.11, is that the same as r4 1.18, but just more working games?

6. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Much better than 1.18, plus near 100% compatibility.

7. EntropicKitty

Your link was the only working link I have been able to find all day. You may have a cookie. Only 1 though because the download speed is awful.

8. seiyalights

seiyalights Member

Sorry guys - I've been reading some of the posts and it looks like I'm still having problems. I have an R4 Revolution for DS (not sure what this R4 wood thing means), I just got a DS Xl and bought R4i SDHC Card (Compatible with the 1.4 Firmware), I'm just waiting on that card to come in the mail. So I've looked at different forums and websites and I just get a black screen at two different parts. 1 - after I create my character or 2 - after the first battle (right after the intro). I just downloaded and put in V1.18 Kernal firmware. So will my R4 card just not play this game? I've downloaded a few different versions too, all with the same results. Will my new R4 card have better success? Any ideas would be helpful.

*** Update: Sorry, I thought R4 wood was a type of R4, I just downloaded v 1.11 and it looks like I got past the first battle. If I got this far does it mean it should work? Random, kinda off topic, but does this fix the problem with Mario and Luigi rom too? I've been having a hard time playing that rom (as I think once it asks me to make a save file or something early on it just freezes).

9. MissMarlo

MissMarlo Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. :p Didn't know the download speed was so wretched! I'll find a better site next time.

10. ringo14

ringo14 Well-Known Member

does this work wit the r4? and r4 wit the ysmenu??

11. LuckyTrouble77

For anybody who still needs them. I don't know if the pre-patched version is still working or if Mediafire broke the file. If people keep having issues, let me know so I can reupload.

12. ringo14

Are you allowed to post roms links ? cause i found 2 links that work which i used . 1 is without the intro and the other is with the intro

13. LuckyTrouble77

Not if the link to other ROM sites. If they simply link to somewhere like Megaupload, Mediafire, etc., then it's fine.

14. ringo14

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J6GJR8I0
    ^ no intro

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W471V23N
    ^ with intro

and try this to : http://www.fileserve.com/file/8VDEFbP

15. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

It doesn't work anymore...

16. barbosa58

barbosa58 Member

Thanks for the links, seems to work great on my DSTT

17. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

err is there really a problem with this game? i played it patched and unpatched on No$gba (i think 2.6a?) with no problems whatsoever

18. ohohbear

ohohbear Active Member

How can you get the cheat codes to work on dragon quest ix sentinels of the starry skies XENOPHOBIA and VENOM Patched Version?

Cause I can't seem to get it to work for me.
    Unless the game id for the patch isn't :YDQE-23A95403 ?

Can you help me? c;

I'm using an r4 o;

19. LuckyTrouble77

I'll reupload today or tomorrow. I know Mediafire is more convenient for people, but I don't really have the time to get an upload of that size done on my connection right now. It just sucks the Mediafire broke it. It didn't get removed or anything, it just sort of broke. :/

With the proper settings, this game can be played unpatched on No$GBA with the latest version (which I believe is what you have). I couldn't get it to work personally, but I had never used a DS emulator before (flash cart only), so I couldn't get the settings right to save my life.

20. EntropicKitty

Try trimming the intro off the rom.