1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Ahhhh. Thank you s much for answering me.

2. piau7000

piau7000 New Member

When happens the Anti Piracy of dragon quest 6 (what it does)?
    Sorry for this english of mine.

edit: This is the dragon quest 9? I was sure this is 6...
    when it (DQ6) comes to US so?

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Not really the place to ask, but;

It has no set release date for the US, and nobody is even sure if it's coming here at this point. It's odd considering this completely destroys one of the core purposes of why they were remade. They were being remade with the intent of making the game available in English to a mass audience for the first time. :/

Anyways, I'm sure somebody will post something if it ever gets a set release date.

4. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

No, you posted a few pages before.

5. LuckyTrouble77

Are you sure? Because I made that comment in a thread where people were discussing what a "clone" was.

Either way then: The original DSTT was modeled after the R4. If it wasn't for the minor modifications made, it would have been able to run Original R4 firmware.

6. Ranmza

Ranmza Active Member

Can someone upload the clean rom to MediaFire?

Thx

7. LuckyTrouble77

Try the links in this thread first. If neither of those work, I'll upload the clean later.

8. Ranmza

Ranmza Active Member

Hotfile and Megaupload suck bad here, never get max speed. That's why I asked to upload to MediaFire.

9. LuckyTrouble77

It'll be half an hour to 45 minutes. Compression and then uploading takes some time on my connection. Plus, the file is somewhat large. Still over 100MB after compression.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vaag5bde9zdercw - Clean ROM, the weird file name is on purpose, the actual ROM should still be named fine. I figure, the more random the name, the longer it takes them to detect it's an illegal file.

10. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

DSTT was the TopToy DS made by NeoFlash, it has total different hardware then the R4.

11. LuckyTrouble77

Eh, they use similar firmwares, good enough for me. :p

I figured there was a reason that most stuff is labeled DSTT/Top Toy. Although, I had never heard of the Top Toy before.

12. azndude1234

azndude1234 New Member

As far as I know, this game seems to work on my dstt, but when I did my first treasure map boss battle (Equinox) then my game freezes. And I can admit it, but I use cheats. Just for items and full monster list. I dunno, I'll try again...

Oh yea, I'm also using a patched version from Venom I think.

13. Ranmza

Ranmza Active Member

The clean rom is working just fine on my Ak2i with 1.7.1 and last loader.

14. LuckyTrouble77

Just an update with both ROM's since they have been scattered through this thread so much.

Note: Both are (U) ROM's.

15. piau9000

piau9000 New Member

Sorry to ask again... ;D
    In what consists the AP of this game (Dragon Quest 9)?
    The file is too big and I wanna know if the clean rom can run on Desmume...

16. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

They don't, you can use the TTDS firmware on an R4 card, which doesn't make the TTDS an R4 clone, but in your opinion it makes the R4 a TTDS clone which isn't true.

17. koker

koker Active Member

Hi everyone,

I'm at Bridgebroom ( destroyed town at the north of Stornway ), but what now? i've been to the throne room, but no boss. :'(

Anyway, AWEWSOME GAME! :)

18. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

Sorry for the newbish question but what's the difference between the pre-patch and clean roms?

19. LuckyTrouble77

Pre-patched removes the AP (Anti-piracy) features from ROM's. Nearly every new game anymore comes with some kind of Anti-piracy that makes the game unplayable past a certain point. Sometimes it freezes after a certain point at the beginning of the game, it may lock up a control right where you need it to progress, or the game may not even start. Sometimes you'll have to apply the patch yourself, but a lot of the time you can find one pre-patched.

Clean ROM's are ROM's that have not been modified in anyway from their original form. That means anti-piracy checks and everything are still fully intact. If you're flash cart or emulator can bypass those AP checks naturally, it isn't a big deal, but many carts don't actively receive updates anymore and fully rely upon patches to get them working.

If you got the quest to go fight the Wight Knight, you'll need to go to the little lake front. Once you go North of Stornway across the bridge into the next area, you'll want to find the way that lets you into a new area to the East. After you fight the Wight Knight there and visit Stornway again, it will become fairly obvious what the next step is.

20. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

Thanks so much ^

I was thinking that pre-patch meant before the patch was put on... Silly me. Now I know =)