1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

No problem. I'm glad it's staying up for people to use.

2. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I wasnt asking for a translation patch... I was asking if it even existed. But I guess I'll just lean back on my good friend google for that answer.

3. LuckyTrouble77

I can basically guarantee for the most part, that it doesn't exist if you can't find the project on GBAtemp.net forums.

4. Shivera

Shivera New Member

Can you reupload the prepatched? It seems to be removed.

5. hufacuse

hufacuse Well-Known Member

clean dragon quest works fine on Wood R4 1.11? Thanks

6. P.BAINY

P.BAINY Member

Can we get another download link,Megaupload hasremoved the patched version. thanks

7. LuckyTrouble77

http://www.mediafire.com/?2jzmzzyjg1w3tti

8. juliawang87

juliawang87 New Member

I've looked and looked and looked and haven't seen the answer to my question elsewhere so I apologize in advance if I missed it somehow... buuuut...

I'm using the pre-patched Xenom ROM, I have an R4 (not sure if it's a clone or not, so I'm a little scared about some of the new firmwares that are said to brick clones), and I have no problems with freezing and have made it out of Angel Falls with the mayor's son and killed monsters until I was level 5... buuut any time I save (via the church), when I try to access the game later, it is always corrupt. I've tried this twice already. =(((

Is this AP? or is this an issue of my R4's firmware? or is this an issue of my hardware? Does anyone know?

9. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

yes there is,
    but it is a spin-off -> Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

This is the first "normal" game for the NDS

10. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I know that... its one of the games I actually own for nds... but yea, never mind my question, but what I really by older versions is for example, X, XI, XII ect. but I guess not...idk, Ill check sooner or later...

11. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

There are other versions of Dragons Quest on DS that are not spin offs. So not sure what Athemoe is talking about!

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
    Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
    Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie (Japan only at the moment, US/EU TBA)

12. paintape

paintape Well-Known Member

post the patched rom again

13. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

The fixed rom should work on wood r4 v1.11 (that's what it says on the website)
    and it works on v 1.06 (that's the firmware I'm using)

14. LuckyTrouble77

Page 25, Mediafire link. If you're too lazy.

15. FraB

FraB New Member

I'm using an M3CF movie player slot 2 device, with the cracked xenom release, and it seems to work perfectly except my saves don't keep... I played the game for a few hours and thought my game was saving but when I started it up again my save was apparently gone.. Anyone know why this might be and what the solution is? Thanks

16. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

That's so not true...

17. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Are you saving in a church or quick saving? If it is the latter then that's what should happen, even says so :)

18. LuckyTrouble77

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you posted that in the wrong thread.

Even if it was a quick save, it would let them load upon start up of the game.

19. FraB

FraB New Member

I've tried both quick save and normal save, and it seems neither one records properly. sometimes it says they're corrupted, sometimes it says nothing and tells me to start a new game

20. LuckyTrouble77

I don't have a solution since not many still use the Slot 2 devices like that one. Hopefully somebody will stumble along with a possible solution.