1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Giaforce

Giaforce Member

Yea when i used this version on my DSTT it would freeze while loading the rom anyone know why?

EDIT:I got it to work with this link http://filetrip.net/f12111-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-6-21.html use it if you have a DSTT and it doesn't work

2. Crashbolt17

Crashbolt17 Member

On my version of R4 Ultra, the prepatched version crashes when you are about to go aboard the Starflight Express. Any tips?

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Back up and format. I'm not sure on the status of the DSTT (you may want to comb the thread for new files that fix this game), but there was somebody playing the game on R4 Ultra who was only having issues with treasure maps and nothing else.

4. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Really?? I thought there was another version of Dragon Quest or what ever on DS. Im pretty sure im right, but can someone confirm this for me??

5. Cool3456beaty

Cool3456beaty Well-Known Member

I've got a link for the clean rom.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCO2YSFW

6. DTY16

DTY16 New Member

I did. About 5 times

7. LuckyTrouble77

There are tons of versions of DQ for the DS. There's DQ IV, DQ V, DQ VI (has not yet gotten a US release), Monsters: Joker, Joker 2, Rocket Slime, and I think that's about it.

8. Giaforce

Giaforce Member

i believe this game hates me, it works on my 2g MSD, but not the 4g -.- can anyone tell me why?

9. LuckyTrouble77

What cart do you have? It might be because of the brand of the 4gb vs the brand of the 2gb. The littlest things can make the biggest difference.

10. Giaforce

Giaforce Member

The 4g is from Lexar/MSD HC. The 2g is from Kingston/MSD its not HC though im wondering if thats why...they're also both for my DSTT

11. LuckyTrouble77

I've never heard of of Lexar, but being SDHC might be the problem. DSTT is an R4 clone, and the R4 doesn't natively support SDHC.

12. burdagul

burdagul New Member

does it work on DSTT? you know... the prepatched rom? i kinda need this game :)

13. LuckyTrouble77

Give it a go. I posted a pre-patched for Mediafire on the last page I believe. If not the 25th page, try the 24th. The random file name, as I state in my post, is on purpose. The ROM it's self should still be correctly named.

14. burdagul

burdagul New Member

thanks.. I only checked the latest page

15. PeachMilk

PeachMilk Well-Known Member

Thank you, gentlemen, for posting links to Dragon Quest, but... it keeps freezing on me. Any possible reasonings?

I've got an Acekard2i, upgraded to AKIO 1.7.1 and had quite a few freezings during character building and even trying to load up the title screen.

I managed to get past those, and started my adventure, but then it'll randomly freeze on the map, or during battle. I'm just tired of being forced to stop and replay a good chunk of gaming.

16. rell

rell Well-Known Member

yea i really like Dragon quest monsters Joker. I was waiting one joker2 to be released in the us, but its been awhile and it still hasnt popped on ign any where. So im guessing it wont be released in the us, but is there a translation patch??

17. LuckyTrouble77

People have been having an incredible amount of issues with this game on AKAIO 1.7 and 1.7.1. If you still have 1.6RC2, I would suggest trying the pre-patched on that. 1.7.1 was supposedly going to fix DQ IX and make it be able to run clean, but it's been selectively working for people it seems.

This isn't the place to ask for a translation patch, although, there isn't one in process that has been publicly announced.

18. totallydood

totallydood Guest

19. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you using the patched version from Xenom?

20. Giaforce

Giaforce Member

Well after switching up firmwares, and whatnot on my DSTT i finally manged to get the game to work, with the prepetched vesion a couple pages back.. So Thank You Nathan Drake for the ROM