1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Gman76

Gman76 New Member

When people refer to R4 clones, are they talking about something like M3 Simply? If so, that's what I have, and I downloaded the patched version, which appears to work perfectly. I only played up to the point I can walk around the town, but I got past character creation, and the first battle no problem. I'm hoping I can play the whole thing. I know my card is way out of date, but I just don't play DS enough to bother changing it right now. If this game works for me, it should work for everyone I would imagine.

By the way, off topic, but does anyone know if there's a patched Zelda spirit tracks that can be loaded without a bunch of extra software? I'll look for it- I just want to know if it exists.

(EDIT) Nevermind on Zelda, I realized Xenophobia's patch will work with M3DSS.

2. wellrested

wellrested New Member

Quick note for M3 (non-zero) users: I'm sure this has been covered already, but I DLed the pre-patch rom, swapped the .sav it generated with one of the .sav files already posted, renamed the save to match the rom, and everything is working great (I'm waaaay past the noted AP "zones"). I was able to delete the actual save within the .sav file and start my own, with no trouble at all.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Passive abilities such as HP +10, Magical Mending +X, etc, travel with you from class to class.

4. scarcast

scarcast New Member

Not sure if this has already been asked, but does this work with R4 1.18?

5. Gman76

Gman76 New Member

Yes.

6. Liem

Liem Member

Looked through a couple of pages, and couldn't find the answer to my question.

I'm running on my M3 Sakura, 1.47, and tried playing with the prepatched version. Only cheats were on, soft reset and etc were off. Got to the Xenom screen, then had a blank white screen after that.

Works on touchpod, but I'm trying to see what I could be doing wrong.

Edit 2: Works on both sakura and touchpod without cheats.

Edit: Seems like it freezes on the same screen for me on touchpod as well if I have cheats on. I'll play without cheats, but could someone help me to explain why its not working with cheats?

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Ah good to know, now if I can just find that mediafire link megan mentioned I'd be set.

[edit] Search works wonders when you word it correctly...

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Guess you found it, no?

9. azn_tht

azn_tht Member

does it work with No$GBA 2.6a with No$Zoomer??

10. ryen

ryen Member

Hey, im using an r4 ultra, i try the patch on the first page, didnt work, but i found one that did, http://www.sharingmatrix.com/file/12055773/5018-DQISOTSS-MX_%5BCRACKED%5D_%5BNO_CRACKTRO%5D.rar

11. LuckyTrouble77

A clean version should work on No$GBA. Emulator users were able to play the game right away.

12. kyleyeh1

kyleyeh1 New Member

does this work with r4 ys menu or just regular old r4 firmware?

13. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

The prepatched version worked for me with just the 1.18 R4 kernal, no random freezing or anything.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just for the info, a lot of people were saying that the clean version worked on CycloDS with 1.59 or vB.3 firmware. I tried, but it kept freezing after creating your character or after the first battle. I formatted my MicroSD and put it on fresh, still froze.

Using the Xenom cracked version, I don't get any freezes at all.

15. LuckyTrouble77

That's weird. Nobody was having issues with the latest Beta on CycloDS. Maybe you just got unlucky. The Cyclo and DSTwo were the only carts that could run the clean ROM when it first went public.

16. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

so, any hope of my playing this on a R4 card?

17. LuckyTrouble77

The patched version works on an Original with pretty much any firmware, and it seems to run perfectly on most clones.

18. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Ja I found, funny thing I actually forgot I downloaded it..too many things going on at once.

19. ryen

ryen Member

http://www.sharingmatrix.com/file/12055773/5018-DQISOTSS-MX_%5BCRACKED%5D_%5BNO_CRACKTRO%5D.rar , i try it on my r4 (wood 1.10) and it work find so far, i got past the first battle and haven't seen any problem so far

20. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

hmm mine goes to a white screen.