1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

Link?

2. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

I used 7Zip to open the archive for the zip file. Inside, you see the folder and an .exe file that is a bunch of upper case and lower case letters. Click on the folder with the game name and 'copy to' on the NDS file to wherever you want it. It'll extract the ROM itself. Then, delete the .zip file and laugh evilly.

3. Psi_Ground

Psi_Ground Well-Known Member

I ended up deleting the .exe before it even finished downloading. Har har har to that, malicious persons on internet.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

ONLY EXTRACT THE ROM. The rest of it is invested with viruses and such. Well, two of them to be exact. Take care with your downloads.

5. ChristMonkey95

Rom only. Got it. Thanks guys.

PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAISE THE VAMPIRE JESUS!

6. LuckyTrouble77

If somebody would be so kind to upload the game to a safer source, I'm sure all would appreciate it. I would do it, but I sort of already deleted the ROM and all that folder's contents from my computer.

7. ChristMonkey95

Probably a very good idea

8. DTheRPGFan657289

The download itself is safe. If you have 7Zip or WinRAR, right click the .zip file and choose to open the folder in the program. It'll show you a preview of what's in the .zip file. There's the folder that has the game and its info, and the other file is an .exe file that is definitely malicious. Just access the folder and choose to copy or extract the NDS file by itself to wherever you like. Then delete the .zip file when you're done. That's all.

9. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

So what going to happen to this thread? :-\
    Do i have to create a new discussion thread?

10. ChristMonkey95

Why would you need to?

11. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm waiting for. Yeah, call me a sissy and all that, but I don't plan on getting a file that's hugging a virus... EVEN if it is Dragon Quest.

(that, and also the fact that that one site was going at like 1/10th of my net speed)

12. LuckyTrouble77

Well, yeah. You turned it into an AP thread, so that's what it has become.

13. LuckyTrouble77

The choice is easy for those without a PSP. :D

14. DTheRPGFan657289

Amen, man. But a friend gave me his PSP with 5.50 GEN D-2 on it. Now, I'm going between P3P and this now. And I've still got a ton of DS and PSP RPGs to play (including PS1 boots!). Busy summer.

15. Psi_Ground

Psi_Ground Well-Known Member

OK this is less of a game problem and more of a SD card problem

So my SD card I use in my AceKard got messed up, and I need to repair my disc, right?

Well, on my mac, Disk Utility says "Disc needs to be repaired, hit 'repair disc'"

so I do

But it's grayed out and I can't do it

And help?

16. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you play Half-Minute Hero in that!

17. LuckyTrouble77

Nice. I wouldn't mind getting a nice PSP with some good hacks. Anyways, staying on topic, the crack works incredibly well. Xenophobia and VENOM did a great job.

18. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

Use a PC with windows to format the sd card... if you have any pc at hand.

19. iPortal

iPortal Member

Downloading now, hope it works on DSTT :D

20. LuckyTrouble77

It's corrupt and may or may not ever work again. Format it if you can. If you can't though, then it's screwed.