1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (AP Discussion - Page 9)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Jun 17, 2010.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I will wait :p I'm just seeing whether or not the Save File Bypass works. That actually sounds like a legit way of passing it.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Settings? I'm new to DS emulators, so I may be doing something wrong. The ROM image keeps crashing right after the 3 slimes after character creation though.

3. DragonQuester

Wow, NO$GBA bypassed the first battle! If I can get a SAV File out of this, I'm putting it on my flashcart to see!
    Give me second.

4. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Same guy updated his post:
    "update: nevermind, it randomly freezes after playing for some time"

No use trying workarounds, it seems. Let us wait, and hope it's not one of those Mario & Luigi 3 situations.

OFF: Oh God, I almost lost all of my PHAT LOOT for completing a Monster Hunter mission while I was writing this post. Had like 16 seconds remaining.

5. DragonQuester

Damnit, my flashcart says that the SAV file is damaged... it won't work
    When I try it on YSMenu, It doesn't detect my SAV file and creates a new one...

6. lolidk

lolidk New Member

Quick question. You fine people are using the rom from the posted MU link, correct? I'm still paranoid about the shenanigans from the DQ9 release last year, even though there isn't very much reason to be, and I don't want to turn my CycloDS into a $40 microSD holder. If it's legit, I'll test it out for an hour or so and post my results. Also, it would be somewhat helpful to compile some useful information (what cards it works on, download links, etc) in the first post of the topic.

7. DragonQuester

Alright, I posted this on GBAtemp:

http://gbatemp.net/t239595-dqix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies-anti-piracy-patch
    Post Merge: [time]1278626729[/time]
    Okay, I'll do that.

8. LuckyTrouble77

Cards it works on:

CycloDS with the latest beta
    Supercard DSTwo

And I think that's pretty much it.

9. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

For those worried about brickers, always trim your roms with NDSTokyoTrim, it has bricker detection built in ;) Or use NoFlash (I think that's the name), but I wouldn't bother with that.

10. DragonQuester

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't think this ROM has any bricking though, so it doesn't really concern me right now. lol,
    Any other flashcarts I should know about that are confirmed working or not?

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

if it doesn't work on AKAIO or Wood R4, it works on nothing but Cyclo and SCDS2....

12. DragonQuester

Yeah, so I guess unless someone finds another card that can run the clean rom, I won't need to update.
    Damn, Cyclo is a really good cart, it's been out very long yet it could still run the newest games

13. LuckyTrouble77

That's because it's pretty much the only cart that only needs about one update every few months because of how well made the cart is. Cyclo users rarely need to even post because their cart can bypass just about everything.

14. DragonQuester

So would it be safe to say that it's the best cart available? Because even the Acekard can't run DQ9, so I'm curous...

15. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

There's a fully cracked version on the way!!! Hopefully we'll get to play soon without AP problems!

16. DragonQuester

Where did you hear that? :D

Btw, I used this site
    http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
    to convert my NO$GBA file into a SAV file for my flashcart and after that, it loaded my Quick Save!
    I just hope it doesn't freeze after the first battle!It seems to be working

17. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

ds-scene

Dragon_Quest_IX_NDS-XENOM

18. DragonQuester

No links yet, but that could be another hope..
    Did anyone else try what I did?
    EDIT: After a few minutes of running around, etc. My game froze. lol
    Dragon_Quest_IX_NDS-XENOM will hopefully be my hero

19. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

We''l have to wait a little for that one. At least we know it is cracked, so when it comes out we'll be able to play like there's no tomorrow!!

20. DragonQuester

So do you have a direct link of who/where they announced the "Dragon_Quest_IX_NDS-XENOM"? I just want to see more information