1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Help Topic

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Kiekoes, Jul 13, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Ranger and Sage use bows. I'm not sure if any other class does right now.

For Deftness, no clue. It might be like evasion or something to that effect. I don't enjoy the fact that they decided to pick random stat names for this game.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Basically, it is a 'Luck' stat.

3. LuckyTrouble77

Are you sure? There are some gloves that raise deftness by a heavy amount, so I kind of have to question that.

4. meganova

Not really though. xD

"Deftness - Governs a character's ability to make preemptive strikes, preform critical attacks and flee from battle"

5. LuckyTrouble77

Wouldn't it have been easier for them just to give stats normal names?

6. meganova

Yeah, that what I thought as well.
    Even with the highest stat, I doubt it will happen at most time.

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

If you are changing vocations(jack of alltrades), check the info(top screen) of the chosen class... and there it tells you what weapons they use

8. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Not really, deftness as a description is perfectly fine. In fact it adds a little to the charm :)

9. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Also when i change Vocations, can i change my party's vocation? and do they get
    the attribute pts back?

10. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

yes you can change your party's vocation... not sure about attributes

11. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

You don't get the points back but if the 2 vocations share any attributes then they will stay, for example if both have a sword attribute, then any points in swords would be identical.

12. LuckyTrouble77

Unused points transfer over, used points only transfer over if the skill the points were put into is shared between classes.

Example: Say you put 100 points into Swords for a Minstrel. The Gladiator that also uses Swords will have 100 points in it if you switch to that class. If you get 100 points with your Minstrel and don't use them though, if you change vocation with that character, those 100 points will still be usable,

13. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

So what if i got Deftness for my theif from that Attribute only theives have (forgot what it was called
    and it wasnt a weapon skill) will i still have the deftness when i change my vocation, and if i change
    back to the vocation, will it still have the attribute points on?

14. LuckyTrouble77

If you get a deftness bonus from a skill (ie: Deftness +10 or something like that), that will transfer over. It's a natural boost to your core stats that is there regardless of class.

15. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Cool. So if it doesnt say Natural Boost, it doesnt get transferred over? Also the same skills
    from that attribute dont get transferred over do they?

16. LuckyTrouble77

Well, everything from the bottom skill for each class (Guts for Gladiator...uhh...other stuff for other classes) transfers over. I have yet to see if the extra equipped weapon's strength transfers over when you become an Omnivocational master.

17. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

So how does advancing classes work? I finished the Ranger Quest "Ranger Changer" with my lvl 16 theif.
    Am i not supposed to turn to a ranger after?

NVm Sorry for that. Im finally a ranger ^^
    Post Merge: [time]1280024882[/time]
    Ive noticed these strange coloured doors in people's houses. Does anyone know how to open them?

18. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

We don't know how to open the door, we unlocked them ;D

19. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Uh, which level should you be to beat Garth Goyle? I was level 19,19,18,18 and that didn't went really well ::)

20. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I've found a map where all treasure map all listed by region from the worldmap

Just look at your treasure map and try to find it in the worldmap
    (This link is translated to dutch but if you want it in your own
    language please use google translate.

But to look on the maps you will not need the text so have a look and happy treasure hunting

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=nl&u=http://dq9.gkwiki.com/236.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.nl&usg=ALkJrhiq0_P6RQN-x6oVwZtxSftjvu5G2g#b2e66e3b