1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 12, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I was playing final fantasy 13 earlier before i remembered i had dragon quest, dq is miles better than ff13!
    it may be a small game on a handheld but its a proper rpg and is much more fun.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I was honestly surprised at how good this game is. I wasn't expecting much after some previews, mainly due to the fact that it was on the DS. The DS is a good system, but the next Dragon Quest game in the main series being on the DS was kind of unreal for a few reasons. Seeing the final product though, it's astounding how good it is.

An incredible game in every aspect.

3. msg2009

Yes, who needs 3 discs of flashy cutscenes and amazing graphics, all you need is good fun gameplay.
    A lot of games developers should take note of this

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

Final dungeon. I started finding them about halfway through. I also highly recommend you take care of it before you beat the game, otherwise you're going to be waiting awhile before you can find more outside of grottoes.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Another dungeon after the Castle? Thought that was the last place, though there is a suspicious amount of unexplored world.

6. Reider

Reider Modereider

Yeah, there's a few places that are only open post-game as well.

7. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Just went back and finished Zere Rocks, Mason is a stone cutting god. I sort of wished he did the tree like it was before the flood, with thick branches and all. Next the boss of bad cave and my ship.

8. YCobb

YCobb Active Member

So I read about it in Nintendo Power, read about the four warrios of light in Nintendo Power, then came and obtained the game.
    I somehow got the two mixed up, thinking that DQIX was supposed to be ridiculously hard.

I powerleveled my way through every boos so far. I've just gone and rescued Jack, though, so I'm still pretty early in the game.
    I've also noiced an interesting thing - having party members doesn't necessarily help you. With just your main character, a metal slime gives you 4096 xp. But with the whole party, you get 1024. So the game keeps you at around a fourth of the level you could be, but having four people makes up for it. Once I realized that, I set off on my own for even more powerleveling because I actually enjoy this game's combat. Third time it's ever happened to me, with an RPG.

9. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

just got my first treasure map that you get if your on you way to Zere rocks (you will notice a blond man lying on the ground you need to give him a special medicine) the map is called the mountain of woe im now exploring it

10. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I'm not good in this game I guess :p
    I just lost from that evil knight.

My party:
    Jordy Minstrel Lv. 7
    Kiara Mage Lv. 3
    Lily Thief Lv. 3
    Céline Martial Artist Lv. 2

playtime : 3:43

btw,
    does anyone know how I become a mager in stead of a minstrel?
    thx :)

11. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Train more, your levels is way to low, tips: Train till the monster run away from you ;D

12. msg2009

im level 7 and ive only just gone to the roadbloak at the beginning of the game

13. athemoe

they do? :p

14. unqiueninja

Yup,when you reach a certain level. The moment the monster saw you, they would have an exclamation mark on their head and dash off away from ya ;D

15. athemoe

nice :)

It really is a good game.
    The best RPG since Suikoden Tierkreis.

which level are you?

16. XeNo - A.K.A Steelez

XeNo - A.K.A Steelez Well-Known Member

uh im just after where you have defeated the white knight

17. unqiueninja

currently level 20 ;D

18. athemoe

I can't kill him,
    he's to strong for me :(:p

btw,
    I really lolled at the coffin who is following you if someone in your party died
    Post Merge: [time]1279268407[/time]
    main character?
    Oh,
    and is it just me or can't you choose a "job" in the beginning of the game.
    Is everybody a minstrel? Because I really want to be a mager

19. unqiueninja

Since you say he is a white knight, why not recruit a mage?

20. athemoe

I have a mager in my party,
    but I want to be a mager :p