1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 12, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

can you give me the link to it i want it badly

2. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

The anti-piracy thread (Dragon Quester's original thread) has all the links in it, download the prepatched Xenom copy.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Actually, all of those links are dead, though I did put a link to the prepatched on the last page of the thread.

Anyways, I've just been leveling and questing. I'm doing the level 40 Priest quest right now.

Heal your allies 20 times with Moreheal when they are critical (orange health). This is a stupidly difficult thing to do when trying. It took me an hour to get 6 times.

4. Griffandir14

I am just now getting to the boat place myself, my stupid DS doesn't keep a charge anymore. I decided to let my main char. keep his minstrel job for now.

5. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Wow, you have a level 40 Priest...

6. LuckyTrouble77

I gained the last 10 levels in about 45 minutes thanks to Liquid Metal Slimes. I'll upgrade to Paladin eventually, but I need to get the Whipping Boy skill from the Warrior class. The Priest is surprisingly useful though. Good defense, solid attack, and a good amount of MP for a solid spell base.

7. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

thanks nd you are a life saver

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

I finished the game on a solo run. Just going around and finishing up quests for the various classes. Still haven't found the warrior quests though. =/

9. LuckyTrouble77

The level 40 mage quest is awful. Awful awful awful. Only 4 of those Wight Priests to go. :/

10. death666777

death666777 Member

i just got to the abbey and i cant find the person im supposed to find

11. Griffandir14

talk to the main dude twice, then talk to who they tell you to then leave the bottom floor.

12. DragonQuester

lol I'm not even attempting it... I only did the early Mage quest, but after that I decided to change my Mage into a Gladiator. :p
    Btw, I'm fighting the final boss now lol

13. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Im only near the beginning but its definately the best NDS game ive played so far, im actually enjoying it, normally i get bored and download another.

14. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

now defeated the spider thing to help that doll with a party off :
    Wessel (MC , warrior) lvl 23 (can use gigaslash and falcon slash you can kill bosses quick with that)
    Eris (warrior) lvlk 30 (can use falcon slash)
    Cynthia (mage) lvl 28
    Leuco (priest) lvl 29

15. DragonQuester

Yeah Dragon Quest always makes me feel that way
    Wow you have a lvl 30 warrior at that point of the game? that's pretty good

16. LuckyTrouble77

The ultimate skill for the mage isn't even that great. It hasn't worked the two or three times I've tried to use it so far.

Also, I guess I'm over leveled, as I went directly to the castle after the prison and I completely destroyed the boss at the entrance. No resting, saving, or anything. I'll probably just progress quickly through that final castle (great lead up), and see if I can get things done. Though, I might go to get the level 40 Gladiator quest done first.

17. DragonQuester

Where can you find the person that gives you the Level 40 Gladiator quest?
    And I found the bookshelf that gives me the Sage quest, do you know where I can find those trolls to defeat with Frizz 5 times? I heard that they are found at the end of the game.

18. LuckyTrouble77

Not sure about the trolls yet, but the Gladiator quest giver is on a little island to the east, a couple islands north of the island that has the Yggdrasil leaf tree.

19. DragonQuester

Alright I'll be looking out for it, thanks, although I still have to train to Level 40.

20. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

yeah i wasted one night doing that :D