1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

some kind of special ability which is different according to the class jobs,,, i think the best coup de grace is warrior, priest and sage, the others seems useless,,,

i defeat final boss with my party all in level 45 : minstrel, paladin, priest and warrior,,,

say, is there any way i can find metal king slimes?? i heard that you can find it in grotto, but i never found it,,

2. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

The metal king slimes are super rare, i don't think that you can find them walking around in a grotto. You can only find it when running into a different monster and just hope that metal king slime is in that party. I've only found one so far.

3. Killua Zaoldyeck

^
    in which grotto did you find it?

4. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

forgot its been a while, but i think it was a high level one

5. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I Googled it, but I'm asking just in case someone else knows. Is there any way to hack maps into save files? I really need one of the good leveling maps, and my chances of finding one normally is very slim.

6. Killua Zaoldyeck

is it above 100?
    how do you get map over lv.100, i already revocate my main character 11 times, and the other character at my party 10 times,,,

7. Navii

Navii New Member

Hi, I am wondering how to unlock the monk in Dragon Quest IX. I have been hired to grind the Dragon Quest IX characters at $12.00 an hour, and I have grinded 100 stat points for the sword for the two characters so far. (I am only using two characters so far since my client wants to have two characters master shield to 100 stats, courage from warrior, guts from gladiator, and virtue from paladin. I figured that if I get stat points from monk as well, I could get stats faster using gigaslash at Swindeeples Academy area since it would be faster than looking for metal medalies (I only have not gotten all my figgs yet, such as Batsurag, Swindeeples, and Gleeba, and have been spending time grinding. I have yet to meet Lieutenant Hootam Gore, and I have yet to get to Wormwood Creek.
    Post Merge: [time]1290885350[/time]

Hi, I am wondering how to unlock the monk in Dragon Quest IX. I have been hired to grind the Dragon Quest IX characters at $12.00 an hour, and I have grinded 100 stat points for the sword for the two characters so far. (I am only using two characters so far since my client wants to have two characters master shield to 100 stats, courage from warrior, guts from gladiator, and virtue from paladin. I figured that if I get stat points from monk as well, I could get stats faster using gigaslash at Swindeeples Academy area since it would be faster than looking for metal medalies (I only have not gotten all my figgs yet, such as Batsurag, Swindeeples, and Gleeba, and have been spending time grinding. I have yet to meet Lieutenant Hootam Gore, and I have yet to get to Wormwood Creek.

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

google GBATEMP CHEATS

9. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Get liquid metal slime - 40k exp i think

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Okay people, look at the dates. The two before me replied to totally irrelevant posts.

The relevant post:

99% of that doesn't matter much, but to get the Monk, you just need to go to All Trades Abbey. It's one of the basic classes.

11. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

My bad ^ What nathan said

12. guardian nigel.

guardian nigel. New Member

hey anybody nows what you must do with that thing of the foreigners? im gettin freakin pissed!!

13. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

lv97 paladin lv60 luminary and lv50 warrior beat the game but love going to find other mini/side quests to do trually a awesome series

14. Patchoo

Patchoo Member

Is that where you have arrived in Wormwood and no one will talk to you because they don't like outsiders?

15. hirokaski

id say my best charcter is a lv 99 paladin and corvus was a cakewalk but its a shame u cant refight him that would be awesome

16. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I decided to replay the game after seeing this thread. I know there is most likely not, but are there any missable items in this game

17. hirokaski

the metal slimes are a pain to find but there is one place they show up the place is where u seal the virus monster that kills
    the professors wife with her illness look around in that general area and u should find some hope my info helps u

18. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure they still need a whole lot of help over a year later.

19. hirokaski

im facing the virus beast with a lv 25 minstrel and a 15 priest

20. sasaakoo

sasaakoo Well-Known Member

i love updating every week for side quest and new DQ Items :D