1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 12, 2010.

1. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

I'm gonna cry at the god frigging glitch that is upon my gladiator 36... Maxed out axe skills and got the special skill book and the amazing part is the skill wound up in my thief's ability list... I bloody wasted my time then!! Gaaaaaaaa, help, someone? D:

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The special skill is an item. Remove the skill scroll thing from your thief and throw it on your Gladiator. Their inventory was probably full, so they couldn't hold it.

3. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

Paladin (don't remember level, just learned magic barrier)
    Gladiator (Ungodly attack, started as martial artist to learn psyche up) (lv 38) (farmed strength seeds)
    Sage (don't remember level, last spell learned was kabuff, so likely low 30's or high 20's)

don't have a third member, I had a thief through the whole game (never reclassed him or anything) but I realized that he spends a lot of time doing absolutely nothing and sucking exp from my main members (espcially in boss fights, where there's no need to steal) so i dropped him off at the inn. Can someone suggest a good 4th member and whether I should reclass my theif or start fresh (thief knows claw moves up to flailing nails and aquisitiveness a little past half-inch with about 25 points saved up) I'm thinking a ranger with the "heal all" bow for backup purposes, but I just need a good balance... no mages, sage covers that well enough)

P.S. I'm just before fighting the FINAL boss, i've already killed his first form and his pet... any help appreciated

4. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

Get someone to heal. For the boss have your characters at least level 42 I'd say thats when I killed him but almost died

5. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

ohhh ok!! You're a lifesaver!! :D

6. john black32

john black32 New Member

Anyone got a nds rom patched with cheats because its to hard to put cheats on the r4 plzzz i need to help my bro get past the final boss.Just to cheats like infinite money and quick level up.Plzzz help me.

7. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

don't cheat, just grind.

8. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

The sage handles that well enough. I'm fairly confident I can take him down with my current party, they've all been through several different classes, learning the best of each (all but paladin can steal, everyone has psyche up, paladin has nearly a full shield stat, and sage has been through both mage and priest lines to boost magical might and mending. (full staff and shield abilities for the block chance as well) I'm just looking for something with a good damage output, something that makes it worth sucking 1/4 of the exp from the rest of the party. Can't decide really, that's all.

thief clearly isn't it, he's quick, but he's no fighter, and I don't want another gladiator, as it brings nothing new to the table. I was thinking another paladin with whipping boy who does nothing but protects my sage while she heals, but that's not damage output, so I really don't know. maybe i'll stick with the party of 3. If anyone can help, it's appreciated

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I only had three people:

- Level 52 Gladiator
    - Level 60 Priest
    - Level 36 Sage

It was a tough battle when I didn't have the Sage at a high enough level, but after I leveled it up some, it basically made me invincible. I did grind on a few Liquid Metal Slimes though.

10. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i got my bro for final boss and did my usual way to kill bosses get to 100 tension as fast as possibele attack repeat

11. john black32

john black32 New Member

PLzzz i need it its so hard please can some one get dragon quest 9 nds rom patched with cheats because its too hard to put cheats on the r4 plzzz i need to help my bro get past the final boss.Just two cheats like infinite money and quick level up.Plzzz help me.Plzzz

12. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

13. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

its not hard to put cheats on just put it in system folder

14. someirishkid

woohoo just killed my first metal slime
    are they random is there a nack to finding them?

15. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

usually find them in certain places and so what i own a flying train

16. someirishkid

i wasn't trying to brag i was just wondering, jeez.

so...are coup de grace's random?

17. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i think they seem to be ready after a powerful hit from the enemy

18. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's either after you get hit and take a bunch of damage or just get low on health.

19. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

suppose so its annoying co op coup de graces are so rare

20. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

What is this "coup de grace" thing? I've played DQ only a little bit but I've already made some progress on that game and I still can't use it and I haven't seen any hint about what-is-it.