1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 12, 2010.

1. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

The martial artist i have basically killed him in a couple of hits.

When your treasure hunting and in a dugeon beware of darkonium slimes they can knock you out easily and they heal each other which makes them a pain.

2. mideng

mideng Member

How to connect to DQVC D:?

3. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

talk to Selma in Stornway pub

4. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

yeah im doing that right now but i dont know where i can find the captain anyone knows where it is ?

5. mideng

mideng Member

It won't let. I have a router.

6. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Go to Tywil Cave near Port Llaffan and fight the Salamarauders until you get a note.

7. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

cool thnx :p

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Q: Why is this game so great?
    A: But your question is wrong! The wright question is: Why is this JRPG so EPIC?

I f*cking love this game! But Suidoken Tierkreis is, in my eyes, better but it is pretty close!

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest IX is far better. It has a better story, battles are more straightforward (Suikoden Tierdsafgasg had kind of boring battles), there isn't awful voice acting, and the game actually contains some challenge.

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

The voice acting is indeed bad! But I am a story / gameplay kind gamer and I like the story of ST more then DQ!

11. mideng

mideng Member

Guys what should my last job be?

1.Paladin
    2.Gladiator
    3.Sage
    4.?

12. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

mage or martial artist
    Post Merge: [time]1280780192[/time]
    im stuck on the quests you get in Alltrades abbey. :(

they're all hard and make no sense. One told me to use War Cry to paralyze a Scarewolf, then kill it. I did it a LOT of times, but it only registered one of them.

also, there's one where you have to get an ally up to "super tension" using Egg On.
    what is "super tension" exactly?

13. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

Super tension is when you repeatedly use "egg on" on an ally to increase their tension. When their tension reaches 100, they do this super saiyan thing where the wind blows around them and go all glowy. "Super tension" allows you to do a lot more damage, my crappy mage can finally one hit kill a monster with a physical attack.

14. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

For your war cry quest you have to use war cry and kill the monster before its turn comes because after its turn war cry loses its effect. The way that I did it was using war cry then use a different character to kill the monster before its turn came.
    Post Merge: [time]1280788306[/time]
    Does anyone know where to find the red sign for the sword quest that you get at the school surrounded by snow.

15. Nick Man

Nick Man Well-Known Member

It's on the little island next to the entrance of the cave where you get the silver arrow. It's west of wormwood.

Hint: it's not on the front.

16. miracle101

thanks been having trouble finding it

17. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I'm about 8 hours into this game and just beat the Abbot Jack boss. I think I'm making the game way harder on myself by using a Minsteral and a Priest. I have to grind for every boss. :p

18. 0protoman0

0protoman0 New Member

I Finish the story so now I clearing sub quest and beating grotto bosses.
    Party
    Arnamentalist LV.41
    Paladin LV.35
    Thief LV.38
    Sage LV.39
    Post Merge: [time]1280898995[/time]
    do you have an arnamentalist and luminary jobs

19. me123

me123 Well-Known Member

Is this considered a good party?

Minstrel:22
    Mage:20
    Martial Artist:20
    Warrior:20

im currently fighting that tyrantula any suggestions for making a better party? but I dont want to change my vocations because it means going back to level 1 :L

20. miracle101

If you want more power you could change your warrior into a gladiator but its slower. You could change your minstrel as well since it doesn't really excel in any one attribute like attack or defense.
    Post Merge: [time]1280985036[/time]
    anyone know where to find a moai minstrel for the luminary quest