1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 12, 2010.

1. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Has Nintendo set up something that will stop flashcard users from going on WiFi servers on Dragon Quest IX (like they did with Jam wth the Band)?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

No. The only problem with Jam with the Band was that every legitimate cart had a specific ID so that the online store could keep track of how many songs you had downloaded and all that. It was mistaken as an AP block for the Wi-Fi functions, but that is not what it was.

Anyways, I've already accessed the Wi-Fi store several times myself.

3. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

So, flashcard users playing Dragon Quest IX do have Wi-Fi access then..? =3

4. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

just beat the game anyone knows what i can do now im now at port Llahfan doing a quest were you have to beat Lleviathan for the second time and i need a watermaul staff flowing dress and a silver shield anyone know where i can get these items ?

5. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

You can buy them or make them

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

To be specific, you can find all of the items on the following location, or through alchemy.
    Watermaul Wand
    - Shop : Bloomingdale, Gleeba
    - Alchemy : Crimson Coral x3, Seashell x3, Stolos Staff x1

Flowing Dress
    - Shop : Wormwood Creek, Upover
    - Alchemy : Enchanted Robe x1, Celestial Skein x3

Silver Shield
    - Shop : Stornway (Only available after beaten the game)
    - Alchemy : White Knight Shield 1x , Mirrorstone 3x, Mythril Ore 2x

7. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Ah mirrorstone, I followed the map, went far out of my way and only came up with one. The random number generator hates me.

edit
    Quickjump just posted the complete guest list for the royal suites
    Alena
    Appeared in Dragon Quest IV
    Angelo
    Appeared in Dragon Quest VIII
    Ashlynn
    Bianca
    Appeared in Dragon Quest V
    Borya
    Carver
    Appeared as Hassan in Dragon Quest IV
    Cannock
    Appeared in Dragon Warrior II
    Debora
    Appeared in Dragon Quest V
    Fleurette
    Appeared in Dragon Quest Swords
    Jessica
    Kiefer
    Appeared in Dragon Quest VII
    Kiryl
    Maribel
    Appeared in Dragon Quest VII
    Maya
    Meena
    Milly
    Appeared in Dragon Quest VI
    Moonbrooke
    Appeared in Dragon Quest II
    Morrie
    Ragnar
    Trode
    Torneko
    Yangus
    I can't wait for Trode and Torneko. Also Alena has already shown up on my game, log in to the Wifi store and she might just show up on yours.

8. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

nearly beat the game. I have no trouble with the last boss but it froze when i killed it. Treasure hunting is hard. Can't find one of them. Bronze Lair of Bane lv. 35

EDIT: Found a website with locations. It's in chinese but it's easy to understand on what to do.

http://dq9.ffsky.cn/maplocation.htm

Just keep scrolling down until you find the map you have then look to your left.

9. triemie

hey guys i know where u can get King Metal slimes !!!
    here i copied it from dragons den :

Metal King Slimes
    Once you get the Starflight Express(Have to beat game and finish quest 039) You can fly to the Tower of Nod. L3-L5 monsters have a chance of having a Metal King Slime in their group, but the Metal King Slimes dont walk around. Also Treasure maps like level 50+ can have metal king slimes, people have gotten rare maps where thats all that show up.

10. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

This game is kewl. And I want to meet Yangus ::)

11. destrutionX

destrutionX Member

Ok so my party is a 43 minstreal 39 Ranger (very useful) 43 martial artist 42 Priest
    I'm at the last dungeon

My equips are: 43 minstreal- Inferno blade/uber falcon sword, bad boss shield, Dragon warrior helm, Spiked armour, light gauntlets, Dragon warrior trousers, acroboots, mighty armlet.
    39 Ranger- Blinding bow (120 att ftw took forever to make), ear cosy, dragon mail, mayoress's mittens, steppe steppers, hiking boots, utility belt.
    43 Martial artist- Combusticlaws, trailblazing bandana, Dragon top, Bruiser's bracers, dragon trousers, Kung fu shoes, strength ring.
    42 Priest- Magical mace, bad boss shield, mercury's bandana, ethereal armour, magic mittens, red tights, frugal footwear, Brainy bracer.

Do you guys think im ready to take on the final dungeon, and were do u find treasure maps?

12. triemie

yeah you can try it maybe you will make it and treasure maps are special dungeons where you battle monsters (bosses) which drop new treasuere maps and usefull items

and anyone knows where i can get my first legacy boss map i heard you can get one from a quest is this true ?

13. destrutionX

destrutionX Member

o thanks but i decided to train lol now my whole team is like 55+ being my archer as the lowest :(
    and sorry to counter you but i asked where do you get treasure maps because i have not gotten one yet. :(

14. LuckyTrouble77

The very first one you can get is from doing the quest for the guy collapsed right outside the entrance of Zere Rocks. If you Zoom there, it should drop you off practically right next to him. He'll want some medicine that will require some very simple alchemy. Upon completing the quest, he gives you your first treasure map.

From there, the bosses you fight in the grottoes those treasure maps reveal will drop random treasure maps. Post game, there are a few other treasure charts you can get. I'm not sure which quests exactly give all the treasure maps, but once you get one, it will be awhile before you may be forced to stop.

15. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

This is kind of off-topic I know, but I can't find this game's ROM anywhere on the Internet. Is it worth buying for $35?

16. LuckyTrouble77

The ROM should be very common. There are several copies posted right here in the RomU forums. I do think the game is worth buying though. It's pretty spectacular.

17. King Cookie

Thanks, I searched the forums and found a working link. All the ones I found on Google had obvious names and got deleted. I probably will pick a copy up to show support if I like it.

18. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Talk to King Stern post game and he will give you a free treasure map, also do quest 62 at the Cringle Coast island to unlock the Legendary Treasure map.

19. King Cookie

Am I just a idiot, or did it take everyone else a bunch of grinding to beat the Wight Knight at the beginning of the game?

20. LuckyTrouble77

Did you get more party members from the Blue Haired chick at the Stornway Inn? I forget her name, so she can just be blue haired chick. The fight is far easier with more people.