1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 12, 2010.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Sorry I had to make this thread :D Since my old topic was turned into an AP discussion thread, I thought I had to make a discussion thread. Anything DQIX goes here. (Questions, remarks, etc.) Post away ;)

2. Feeiix

Feeiix Active Member

EDIT: OK, just found out myself.

3. DragonQuester

Where are you guys at in the game?

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Currently made a full party, Got my Minstrel, Martial Artist, Mage, and Priest, about to go fight the Wight Knight.

5. iHorang2

iHorang2 Member

just got back to the observatory, now trying to find the abbot for abbey and something about leviathan

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Zoom to Stornway, trying to make a Steel set equipment for my Warrior.

How about each person making their own game log?

7. iHorang2

iHorang2 Member

where do i find the abbot dude for the class change?

8. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the absence of random battles. Dragon Quest has always been a good time made horrendous by the sheer amount of random crappy enemies to fight. Now I can level when I want, and get around when I want.

My team consists of a Thief, Martial Artist, and Priest. Just finished sending the Wight Knight off the great beyond, and heading back to Stornway.

9. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Also heading back to Stornway after burning the witch at the stake.
    Got a team of Minstrel (MC), Warrior, Priest, and Martial Artist.

10. hesses1

hesses1 Well-Known Member

I am in some kind of desert where i get the last fruit of the goddes thing and then well i dunno im done ? lol

11. Feeiix

Feeiix Active Member

I have just teamed up with that white dragon and am fighting against the black evil dragon. 8)

12. DragonQuester

same here, my party is two Gladiators, a Paladin and a Cleric lol
    btw, is there Sage in this game

13. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

There is a Sage. The quest is found on a book shelf or something in somewhere that starts with a "G" I believe. (No, not Gleeba)

I just got screwed over after collecting the figs, got sent down into Wormwood Creek, proceeded through the entire Bowhole, just to realize I was nowhere near strong enough to fight the boss. He wiped out my team before I even did 1k damage to him.

I guess it's time to level.

14. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Is the Lleviathan a side boss or a Main boss, and should I switch from being a minstrel?

15. DragonQuester

The Bowhole eh... I creamed that boss lol,
    but I did do a lot of training against Metal Slimes... You haven`t encountered any Liquid Metal Slimes yet right

16. LuckyTrouble77

I haven't really trained on metal slimes much. I gave up on trying to find the slime stacks. The regular metals obviously are no longer worth it. I found one liquid metal, and even through all my missing, I somehow killed it.

17. Alao

Alao Member

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you form a party :s?

Also, how do you make an armour for your party?

18. LuckyTrouble77

To form a party, you need to go to Stornwall and enter the large Inn. Once the Inn is up and running, there should be a blue haired chick behind the counter. Talk to her and she'll let you either recruit, or make characters. You can also relieve and recruit new members at any time as long as you stay with in the four person limit.

To make stuff, you'll need to finish the quest for Stornwall and the alchemy pot should be in that same Inn.

19. Alao

Alao Member

Ok, cheers mate :). I was trying to kill the wight knight on my own and was getting my ass kicked all the time -,-.

20. DragonQuester

lol i had the same problem too, and heres some advice... im not sure when you have to go to the inn but early in the game you can go to the Stornwall inn and unlock the Alchemy pot. I found out about this WAY later in the game, when I just went to the inn for the hell of it.