1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloading Wii games?? (Similar to DS??)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by scruffythedog, Dec 6, 2009.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

dunno...maybe you could change it guy who posted?

it kind of is annoying and i don't feel like scrolling up to look at your name...waste of time.

if you're excited...don't do this crap....it's annoying.

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

@ReidKH
    Plus its rude and uncalled for, if you want to play go to the spam section.

3. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

seriously some people in here are trying to learn and do this **** and spaming this thread is annoying
    anyway that was off topic so why doesn't Romulation carry GC or wii games? also on the topic of wii do I need a USB flash drive/ DVD R's just to play some wii games? or can't I just load games through the front of the wii's SD slot?

I heard Wiiware can be done through the front of the wii, but this gets me thinking... can't the BigN find out i'm playing a wiiware game?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

romU has gc games - https://www.romulation.org/GameCube/

no. nintenturd can't find out that you're playing downloaded wiiware unless they come to your house and seize your wii.

you possible could load games from the sd slot, but you would have to find a loader that does this and also you would have to partition your drive both wbfs and fat32.

wiiware can be installed via wad manager. - like it says at the bottom of my guide!!

you can either play wii games via disc or usb hdd/flashdrive...i'm having problems with my 160 gb hdd, so i'm going to get a solid state hdd sometime in the future to ensure no skipping whatsoever!!XD

5. MadmanNero

Might explain why it was free eh? :p I found a new 500GB for $50.00
    RomU won't host Wii,360, etc as they are too new and requires more space, and they are already sticking their necks out to offer what is already here now.

Personally I think your better off going with a HDD, but wiiware/VC would be best off on an SD...and STOP being so damned paranoid. take the risk its worth it in the long run and it still qualifies under "try before you buy" if that makes you feel better, but as for me I say damn the man!

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

no. it's not because of that. the game will freeze and not do anything. such as nsmbw, but for some reason, boom blox, boom blox 2, brawl and a few others work perfectly. i'm not sure why it does this, but i believe because it is an internal disk harddrive and not a solid state one.

i will eventually get a nice solid state drive, but not until i get enough money!! :p

definitely using one!

7. MadmanNero

Well I see ReidKH's post was finally removed.

I think tinkered too much with my Wii and near have it all screwed up crashes when leaving uloader, gets stuck in certain places looks like I am going to have to start all over again. I modded a friends 4.2 and all the stuff works better on his than it does on mine and I am on 4.1 so as bad as I hate to I might bump up to 4.2 and re-mod it, but I guess i best get at it soon before 4.3 releases or I will be screwed.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

NO!! there is a newer update that is above 4.2!!! it will render your wii useless from what i hear!! 4.3 was already released in Europe and there is an update for my U wii as well..........

I'm having trouble with uloader channel...i'm just going to leave that as an option for people....it's kinda not as good as usb loader gx! :p

9. dragneon007

who said anything about being paranoid? I allready have taken the risk and my wii has been modded successfully with neogamma R8 and I can play nsmbw in all that good stuff as well as megaman X on my snes emulator on wii, soo ya I'm having a blast and I indeed have taken the risk :D and no freezing issues or anything, but was a pain in the butt to get it running successfully since i'm a noob in all... so I was kinda forced to look up youtube videos and google for answers

HDD huh... I wish I could get a cheap one...

10. rell

rell Well-Known Member

can you tell me where you found that at?? the hdd. i was going o buy a 160 gig, but its cost 150.

11. MadmanNero

Calm down I didn't do it I fixed the problems I was having, (btw sent you a pm at MZ) :p

I found it at my local Wal-mart there is a sale going on this week you can get a 320GB 2.5 external or a 500GB 5.25 external for $50.00 "while supplies last" the sale started 12/13 and ends on 12/19 (found that out last night) oh and FYI "found" means "seen" and not bought, but I am trying my damnedest to get it up ASAP before the sale ends...gotta either sell some blood,cats, "special imported gourmet" cotton candy (aka dryer lint) or something! AKK!

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

sorry...i was just warning you so that you wouldn't go and update....:p

i suggest using a u3 cruzer flash drive 8gbs or more! i can get a 16gb for like $20 from my friend at radio snack.

for some reason with both of the loaders that i use, the internal hdd that i was using wasn't that great for the job...

tried 3 different internal hdds too.......oh well. disc is just as fine i guess

13. xXGuydoXx

xXGuydoXx Active Member

Congrats. You must have less games with load errors. Given the fact that I have several PAL games on my NTSC Wii, the video forcing causes load problems. : /
    Post Merge: [time]1261005135[/time]

Nintendo blurbed about that (or it was purported) wifi checking thing. It doesn't happen because each game on Nintendo WFC is on the server set up by the devs of the game. Nintendo won't zone in on you just because you're at the Wii Menu with Connect24 on. I've never recieved a ban although my modchip randomly died on me one day. xD

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ethier cheap model or he got it from a friend.

I almost got a 320HDD for $50 with music/movies/games on it, but I prefered to get my own 500GB for $120 from big w :)

With staff discount so take 5%

15. xXGuydoXx

xXGuydoXx Active Member

Dude, I got mine from the internet (320 GB Western Digital My Passport EXT. HDD). It looks nice with the Wii (especially in a case mod :p) and has plenty of space. ;)

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i use two different loaders. uloader and usb loader gx. i'm still working out some issues with usb loader gx because boomblox is in black and white....

but i'll get it working soon!

17. rell

rell Well-Known Member

isnt that the white one that costs about 200??

18. dragneon007

Your kidding me right? by any chance is this all wal marts or just yours? yes I read that you said your local wal mart, but just wondering if anyone knows anything on this?

Also I discovered this morning that I could use my HD Camera as a memory storage device for my wii games lol I plugged it in on my wii with a ROM and it loaded lol I guess now I can play wii games through my camera :)

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

XD that's funny!!

i've heard of using a psp, but it isn't that great and it's really laggy i hear. i'm gonna try it today and see what happens!