1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloading Wii games?? (Similar to DS??)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by scruffythedog, Dec 6, 2009.

1. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Instructions would be nice too. :p

I have learned one thing downloading the ISOs are a pain in the ass especially if they end up not extracting like they should, has to be better just to rip the damn things to a HDD.

But on the bright side I have a nice set of WiiWare games I've been wanting to play for a while like Megaman 9 and Final Fantasy IV The After Years.

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Sean,I think Ill be trying the hdd/usb method for the games.But ill buy some Verbatim discs just in case......

3. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

ok very noob question I'm interested in doing this with my wii, but my lack of intelligence and know how is not quite there... So for a very Noob person like me how would i get started on this Homebrew gecko hack USB/disc channel thingy? I'm mostly interested because I would like to try out hack texures for brawl and play some wiiware games from japan as well as play some games on both wii and wiiware without *gasp*buying them, but I fear my wii breaking and melting down or worse nintendo catching me in the act

1so my top questions is is it easy to do this?

2what are the chances of nintendo catching me?

3what site is a good site to get me started in this new homebrew direction I plan on going

4and I know RomU is a ROM site but is there a good site for this kind of stuff?

Ohh I got so many questions but I think I should just dip my feet first before I dive in so can anyone get me started on what I should know and what I should do first? Thanks in advance! Such a noob I am.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

1. Yes, it is quite easy to do if you follow a good guide like the one listed above or mine that i PM'd you.

2. They haven't caught you yet for ds right?

3. I pm'd you.

4. i pm'd you!

first, install the homebrew channel!! and mess with that if you don't want to go straight to soft-modding! that's what i did for a while!

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I felt the same way at first, but click the link that ace1o1 posted with the guide and when you get to the site you will have to register but its quick, but when you see the guide read it 2-3 times to get the ideal, then follow it in order word for word and don't rush also make sure you have at least a 2GB SD card, now if your system is 4.0+ you can use HCSD and MicroSD with its reader (I used a Micro) and it seemed pretty simple once I got started, took maybe about 45mins to get the basic stuff going.

6. dragneon007

lol well nice to know that there are people on here that knows alot about this kind of stuff. I feel a bit more confident on exploring these uncharted waters of the pirate world, but maybe tomorrow I will set sail on this task lol thanks for the help! and no I havent been caught by Nintendo on the DS yet lol but i heard they can catch you on wii if your on Wi-fi

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

8. Fortwaba2

Fortwaba2 New Member

No, I'm not a noob, before anyone shouts n00b!

I know pretty much everything :p However, I need help actually finding where to download Wii ISO's... can anyone help me with that, or will I get moderated?

And it's direct download's I need... doesn't matter if the file is split... I just hate torrents.

9. ndsrapid

ndsrapid Well-Known Member

I love torrents...

I torrent wii games and I emulate them with dolphin.

source: www.dolphin-emu.com/news.php

10. dragneon007

Hey I did everything I got homebrew on my Wii, but when I did the steps for the on"Keep pressing left on the wii pad until you see "Do not reload IOS" its started to install but not sure if i did it correctly? I got this message

"Installing Custom IOS,Please wait... >>Install ERROR! ret = 2011"

then below that I got this message
    "Finished installation please wai OK!"

so am I in the clear? will NSMBW work now? or did I mess up? I noticed alot of people were having trouble on that step.

thanks in advance!

11. KDExxx

KDExxx Member

I'm saying thanks in advance to the people who have posted these solutions.
    Just got a Wii for the family for Crimbo, so will be looking into this in the new year.
    I may have questions though, but nice to see there's help when I need it.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The advce above me might be more accurate, however wii games are not the same as ds games...

-they are in iso format
    -You can't load them from memory cards
    -The wii needs to be modified unlike the ds

To some it's easy...other's not.

13. rell

rell Well-Known Member

are you telling me that you arent using a external hdd??

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

try installing cIOS38 rev15 or rev 14 as IOS 249. that's what worked for me when i got the same error message. but also try to uninstall stub 249 again....that's what prevents cIOS38 from being installed as 249.

15. rell

rell Well-Known Member

they cant catch you on wifi. your thinking of 360

16. dragneon007

ok i tried cIOS38 and rev 15 and 14 and I still got that same error thoe everything in homebrew loads fine? but that error keeps showing up and I tried Step "B2" again and when i try uninstalling it I get multiple errors

Wad Filesname : IOS249
    wont uninstall
    should I try installing it now? on step b2?
    ya sorry noob question I tried these steps before but it was different this time

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

try it again. if it doesn't work then just let me know. i followed this guide, so try this one as well.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/24630-full-hacking-guide-4-2-system-menus.html

18. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

I use coverfloader and a 300 gig hdd. Way more convenient than burning discs.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i just use discs as backups to and to transfer them to my hdd on my wii. i only have a 15 gb hdd on my computer. not very good if i have lots of games.

20. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Okay, what the heck is wrong with this guy?^