1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Download Problems?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Seph, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Okay a few people have had problems with downloading off this site.
    Let me first point out that it DOES work, it requires that your computer or internet isn't overly restrictive but it's definitly possible. We're not here because we're assholes who just wants to make a profit.

Notice:
    If you don't know how to use rar files then read this tutorial on winrar.

Cookies
    you MUST have cookies enabled for our site, if you must block cookies then block them on a per cookie level, not the site as a whole, if you do this we can't properly verify that you came from our site and not someone elses site trying to leech our files.

Internet Explorer
    IE likes to sometimes block downloads from sites, and generally being a pain in the butt, plus it renders the site somewhat slow. We highly recommend that you switch to either FireFox or Opera Both are excellent quality free browsers.

Download Managers
    Download managers SHOULD work; however, if you're tried everything above then try, as a last resort, to turn your download manager off and use regular, normal downloading.

2. younglordnemesis

younglordnemesis New Member

yea i just got charged twice for the same game why is that? and is there any way it can be fixed?

3. Seph

You're charged twice if you load the script twice. So if you clicked the download link and IE blocked it then you still initiated it. That's why you shouldn't use IE to download, it's utter shit.

4. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Here, here. It's a piece of crap in general period.

5. sumpah

sumpah New Member

i downloaded pokemon diamond but i can't extract it. why is that?

6. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

All the files are in the .rar format. You need something like Winrar: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm To be able to un-zip it. That should solve your problems.

7. nickromancer

nickromancer New Member

when i downloaded the winrar, it asks me with what program to open it. which one should i choose?

8. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it asked you which files to affiliate it with. You should put pretty much everything there, but as i can't see it (did it a loooong time ago) i only recommend '.zip', and '.rar'. That way you can extract PD. Happy playing.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

everything except ISO

10. hamerjk

hamerjk New Member

ok I just tried to download a couple of your roms and got the rom which is suppose to be 38meg but got 40k instead 3 times.. I did not have this problem yesterday in downloading games. Is there a problem with the site? I tried other sites and had no problem downloading anthing.

11. thinhkieuphong

thinhkieuphong New Member

https://www.romulation.org/downloads/fetch/2735/ ---> I try this and the file i receive is
    Final Fantasy VII Disc 3 (PAL) (E).htm

This probem occur when I try to download disk 2

I lost all my point, but can't download anything?

Anyone can explain about this problem???

12. Seph

Rename it to .txt and tell me the content of the file.

13. farrelly1

farrelly1 New Member

When  I try and downoad it takes me to the homepage
    Can anyone explain this problem?

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes, you're using IE, and its trying to stop you downloading

15. Seph

OR you're blocking header information so we can't verify that you're coming from our site and not someone trying to leech our files.

16. sleep!

sleep! New Member

ok i got 2 questions to ask

can u go on wifi with this game and battle over world or do you have to be isolated

how do i unzip file

17. Seph

The games you download here act just like your normal game, so you can take it to wifi.

Also try googling the file extension, you might learn something new by yourself.

18. vegytek

vegytek New Member

Hello!

I wanted to dowload 0948 (Avatar - The Legend of Aang) and 0973 (Eigo Ga Nigate Na Otona No Ds Training - Motto Eigo Zuke) roms, but I cant.
    I got this message: "No such file, report at forum."

thx for help

19. hellomoto12321

hellomoto12321 New Member

I downloaded No$gba and diamond and extracted the files, but when I try to play, it says the game pack is not incerted properly, and I can't play the game at all. ??? ??? I have no idea what to do, and I am not an expert in mucking around with the computer.

20. Phreak Hacker

Phreak Hacker Well-Known Member

vegytek: There's probably a problem with the referrer for the requested files. Our admin is currently away on a short vacation. The problem will be resolved once he arrives in case our other admin loonylion isn't able to do it first.

hellomoto: Will check up on the said problem. Check back for an update on the solution in a day (or less, if you're lucky :p). Btw, please refrain from requesting technical help in this thread. The rest of the forum has been made available for this purpose - please stay on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.