1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dont update your dsi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wildog, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheonix_102

pheonix_102 Active Member

What cards, if any, still work even with the new DSi update. So if i get it, I can start playing right now, cuz I updated. And 4 minutes later came to teh forums and saw the bad news.

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

None "still" work. The EZFlash and R4i teams have released videos showing their products working on an updated DSi, but neither have publicly released any actual updates yet.

3. Zoidberg56

Zoidberg56 Active Member

I have heard that M3 team are very close to releasing the new firmware or may have already done.. Just read a post and they have released a new firmware system but it doesnt fix the DSi update problem

4. laura5980

laura5980 Member

Has anyone heard of a "fix" yet to the r4i not working after (stupidly) updating? Otherwise i owe my stepson big time!

5. tehuber1337

Until further notice, the EZF Vi and the Hyper-R4i (which is apparently an EZF Vi clone anyway) are the only flashcarts which will work on an updated DSi.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Is it true though, that if your DSi is already at 1.4, you need to update your EZFlashVi using a DS or DSLite to v11 or v12? Or at least recommended, seems that all the threads say you should use a DS or DSLite to do the update.

7. tehuber1337

Yeah. As the EZF Vi doesn't come with a USB flasher like the SCDS1i or the M3i0, you need to use playable DS to run the update and flash the loader. After that, it should work on an updated DSi just fine.
    [quote author=GBATemp.net]Updating is as simple as running the ez5firmwreUP_V12.nds from the root of the EZ5i, naturally this requires something that works with the DSi like a DS, DS lite or DSi with firmware lower than 1.4, the whole procedure takes about 30 seconds although we do suggest that you charge your device and preferably power it from the wall as well.[/quote]

8. laura5980

laura5980 Member

Is there anything for the R4i?

9. tehuber1337

10. keyb13

keyb13 Well-Known Member

is there new information about update 1.4 for dstti ???

11. stoligoal

stoligoal New Member

I'm also waiting IF there is a update comming in the future, you will nerver know !

12. RomMan9000

RomMan9000 Well-Known Member

Good thing I still have the Brick and Light DS's.

13. tehuber1337

No DSTTi update yet, and none in sight.

14. stoligoal

stoligoal New Member

But ! There would come soon a new card on the market compatible wilt DSI version 1.4
    Im affried that there would not come an update for de NDSTTi cards :(

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

One day if your lucky-best not to update-if too late then I'm sorry.

If the teams behind the cards care they will bring out one soon enough.

16. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

i have also not updated my dsi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.