1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does Obama deserves the Nobel Peace Prize?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by damanali, Oct 9, 2009.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i agree completely.

2. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

hmm..you're right about that..the economy still unstable..but i think he deserve that Nobel Peace because he saves thousand of innocent life from be killed..

3. theevilvoice

theevilvoice Member

And when did he accomplish that? Because there sure aren't any solid fact to backup your statement.

4. tranceman01

tranceman01 Active Member

you know whats even more awsome? that President Obama talks about how war is necessary at the Nobel PEACE prize award ceremony also...
    you should totally try to run for president. the fact that he can keep his head straight enough to sort through all the crap that G-dub passed on to him is definitely something worth a prize. just not the nobel peace prize.

OH and btw you cant just wish an economy healthy again. it takes a long time to fix in fact it'll probably take longer than his presidency. It may take longer than the next guys presidency. In fact, since somebody has to pay for the war in iraq, i'm more than certain that we wont be out of a recession 'til 2020 that is unless we go to my idea and have a gunpowder standard for the dollar. that way whenever we go to war our dollar increases in value.... but thats a retarded idea and i'm sorry for sharing it

5. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Nevermind as long as it's not a PHYSICS,Medicine,or Chemistry prize.

6. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

i liked the dude,compared to Bush jr. (and sr. ...) ...but Nobel Peace Prize for a person who just sent another 20 000 troops in Afghanistan? Come on,this is an insult to people who strived for peace.

I hoped Mrs. Clinton would ...but the american super-delegates made it impossible (what the hell, SUPER DELEGATES? what is this ? Note: i dont live in America,so excuse my amazement... i guess this can be explained perfectly.Sounds silly though)

Also,the thing that Obama is a celebrity thing... what kind of idiot would say that,since McCain and other also used Television to hype up their votes? :) So basicaly,when Obama wins = he is a celebrity = bad thing (why ,anyway? why is this bad,lol) ...but if McCain wins = Maverick :) What the hell is wrong with you folks... i heard the same FOX NEWS redderick everywhere i see a topic about Obama.

It was a historic moment for your country.If you ask me,he should show some balls and push for a universal health-care system and comply to Iraq's "demand" for your troops to withdraw asap (yeah,they did ask this last year...).

7. kidopitz27

kidopitz27 Member

Man he just closed the whole cinema just to watch avatar and pardoned a turkey in thanksgiving he called a radio station and do a prank call so why did he got that nobel peace prize? hmm...... maybe thats the new category of winning that nobel prize maybe i'll go and pardoned a turkey or something ^.^V peace out ....

8. MindFever

What does that have to do if he is a good president or not ? frankly i think he has lousy counselors ... half of his party is bought by the farmaceutical industry (get "bonuses" that are as high as 600 000 USD,per year ...).
    I'm not American but i recall every president has this "honour" of doing... as the Governors do (Sarah Palin did the very same thing last year).

I think it is a historic moment in your country.Although America has alot of biggotery against blacks and alot of plain ignorant people roaming arround to be ellected (someone even questioned Obama's citizenship...as if that wasnt established the moment he became a senator...im telling you,complete idiots). A man once said, "the bigger the lie,the more people will believe in it". If my memory serves right,it was Adolf Hitler who said it and i think ,beside his delusional state and monstrous "accomplishments", he was correct in that regard.

It is truly remarkable that an afro-american got ellected even though America has a widely spread "trend" of racism and biggotery.It is a remarkable accomplishment.If he truly is a good president or not is still just too early to tell.Frankly,i wish him luck. And again: he should show some balls and push the universal healthcare system. (those senators who say it is a bad idea,are the same people who get 100's of thousands of USD per year by the farmaceutical industry and the health insurance companies/corporations).

Nobel Prize is contradictory for someone who sent another 20 000 troops in Afghanistan... not a good choice by the Nobel team. You just CANT give a prize to a person who has a vision and ideas or good intentions... action is what counts. I would be insulted if i had a legitimate claim for the Nobel Peace Prize ;)

OK im done...

9. kidopitz27

kidopitz27 Member

Obama have only visions about peace but not really working on it.

10. MindFever

Well,he may wish for it ,but i agree he wont do any thing to remove troops from Iraq at the present time... the politics of US Army is far more powerful than any of their presidents (except from Eisenhower.He must be turning in his grave now).
    American democracy is failing or has already failed.I believe the spirit is still there,but the supporting action ain't. It is a fully grown Oligarchy. In my view USA need some kind of direct democracy... you know, people actualy deciding in some kind of referendums about certain laws like health-care and social reforms or something.
    ... i wont say i am 100% positive what will happen ,since nothing is certain.So i'll just say: let's see what happens next ... (i am being as much "diplomatic" as possible, due to the American patriotism - which is admirable - sometimes being overblown and thus insults arrive if any criticism is percieved by the same people who feel offended by it.it is understandable,but it doesnt mean i condone it)

Ok,im done with politics today.Cheers ;D (you are being spared from my pseudo-politico-philisophy "class" ,lol)

11. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Referendums are pretty impractical; moreso if voting isn't compulsory (I dunno whether or not it is in the US, but my point remains). Besides, democratic governments exist to make decisions on the people's behalf, so it's kinda obsolete if everyone participates in the decision-making process.

12. melleopberg

melleopberg Well-Known Member

13. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

hell no he doesn't he haven't kept a single promise. he is a pawn like the others and are just following his masters orders. he's fraudulent his real name is barry soetoro, i mean damn its crazy how people look up to this man.

14. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

The other two branches(republicans) are the ones who control everything.

15. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

no they aren't, both parties work for the same corrupt people, there is no left and right.

16. Reider

Reider Modereider

Source? I've never heard anything about his name being false.

17. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

But who do you think has more of the money to throw around?
    Obama is ONE man, the Senate and the H&R block are 500 strong, easily making enough to finance that 'recession' that seems to be helping them.

18. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

google it than, im on my psp and can't do it.

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp

Only thing I got on it. Looks like it was an April Fools joke man.

To be a bit more on-topic, I don't think he really deserved it at this point. He might do enough during his presidency to live up to his prize but that'll remain to be seen at this point in time.

20. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

nah even machelle has metioned it and has even said he was born in indoneshia.only a full blown american can be president regardless what age you were when you immigrated. to be president you have to be born in america. dude goto infowars.com and yu'll see so much more yu'll see things differently than.