1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does anyone know what the sport Rugby league is?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by sexywogboy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

Do you know of Barry Hall? Case closed.

PLUS: This thread isnt about rugby fans!

2. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

No, It's about the sport of rugby, which I like to discuss with people who actually enjoy it, people who don't come into a thread to start an argument over which state, team, code, country is better.
    Lawl Barry Hall went mental- probably the only controversy in AFL for 10 bagillion years xD

3. GlidingGoose

This thread isnt about you either

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Why is this about AFL?

The subject was about Rugby League.

And who cares about Barry Hall, hes just some big, no haired guy that's just bored of playing AFL. Being suspended was the only way he could leave.

In the AFL, there is still a team undefeated after 15 weeks, how boring is that. In rugby league, there are about 10 teams fighting it out to make the top 8 before the finals.

5. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

barry hall didn't get bored of afl. he left cause he had anger problems and kept punching people in the face during games. and there were two teams underfeated. everyone was waiting for the match were they clash. one team won and are first on the ladder. the other has been struggling to win the past few matches. T_T i go for that team. and while the underfeated team remians at the top the 15 other are struggling the get to/ stay inthe top 8.
    why do you guys hate AFL. its not the other way around over here. rugby isn't as popular as AFL here but people still like it

6. sexywogboy

I don't hate AFL. I'm just sticking up for my favourite Football code in Australia.

You have to say though, AFL must be pretty desperate signing Karmichael Hunt to the new Gold Coast team. He's never even played AFL before!

You never see that type of thing in Rubgy league. Other sporting codes like AFL and Rugby union are jealous of Rugby League and steel our players with better money. AFL for me is way too long, games go for nearly 2 hours. I do like the kicking skills of AFL players though, if that makes you feel better :p

7. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

I personally don't think karmichael hunt should have been given that deal given his lack of experience in AFL
    Bah Humbug, I have to play manly now D:
    Neither is it about you, so lets stop fighting and talk about some footy :D

8. GlidingGoose

YAY! Footy! AFL! oh...you mean rugby...

P.S: Barry HAll is now gonna be a Boxer....Fiting

9. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Yeah,I heard.
    I think he will really do well xD
    wow Titans took down rabbitohs-that match was crazy!
    People spitting at the ref and biting allegations!

10. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

I'm not going to let this thread die!
    Great news for rugby fans- Rugby league 3 is coming too wii!
    on a sad note- Roosters got thrashed

11. sexywogboy

I know it is. I havn't got a good feeling about it though.

Yes, Roosters did get smashed, and they're going to get smashed again against the Bulldogs on Monday night :D

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

* insert cry of agony here over yet another sport game cash in* [center/]

...except for that post-most of this topic has gone off topic once more-might as well all jump on irc and brave the lessend rules.

This thing is going WAY out of hand y'all!

But I have to say-all of these are better than grid iron-pansies wearing padding and thinking they are tough with helmets on XD

Over all-I prefer football as it is our countries national sport and because it's unique-just because more than one nation play's a sport doesn't mean it's better ether.

(After this post-I have a feeling the mods will take action-stay on topic or this thread is gonna get locked for derailing it's self)​

13. GlidingGoose

Maybe the mods wont get involved because its not such an important thread and will probably overlook it...But when they do...oh man...i wont wanna be within 1000 km's of the mods! Now i;m fearing for my life because it was also half my fault!

14. sexywogboy

We aren't offtopic, what's to worry about?

Even when we do talk about other sport codes, it's to relate it to Rugby League.

Not to mention, I don't think there are many mods here at Romulation that would know what Rugby League is, so even if we do go offtopic, they won't know if we're talking about Rugby League or not :D

15. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Bah!
    Roosters will beat Doggies1 T____________T

16. GlidingGoose

Yeah...I love that bit on rugby where you hit the ball with a stick through the rings...:p

17. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Who would have thought that Broncos could have beat the Dragons..
    It's official- The Sydney Roosters have signed Todd Carney for next year WOOOO
    Eels v Tigers was a brilliant match, and personally I think Benji Marshall could never be a match for Jaryd Hayne, He just steps and puts on the speed at the most convinient times.

18. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Bah, Roosters lost big time
    Maybe the first post should be updated with table, results and semi final stuff?

19. sexywogboy

Yeah, they lost alright :D

I don't know about the whole table stuff, don't forget this is a gaming site and let's just say Rugby League isn't the most popular sport here. :D

20. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

I was there today at rooster v Cowboys and we lost.
    it was Fitzgibbon's last game and I got really close to him and I was happy.
    Lots of red white and blue sparklies in the air :O
    also got a roosters training shirt for only $25 :)