1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you think weed is bad for you. and sould it be legal or stay illegal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gameboy5.0, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

What are you talking about? If smoking wasting your life, then sitting down at the computer talking to a bunch of strangers online is a waste of life, or taking a crap is wasting your life and everything else that you do is wasting your life.

As I said in my experiences, I've had friends who took tumbles down stairs because they were hallucinating about things like ''melting taco ice cream trees".

2. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

So many people do it, it could be legal. People have argued it's not as bad as alcohol, but the downside is most of the time you don't know what you're doing; from what I've heard at least.

I'm not for it, I'm not against it. If it is legalized, have it be at least 18 years of age.

3. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

In the Nl weed isn't that cheap anymore in my region I'm paying

€7 for a gram
    €13 for 2 gram
    and than we have a off of 3 grams for € 15

This for the weed hasj you can also can get there

€7 1 gram
    €12 2 gram

And that is only in my region when I go to lets say Amsterdam or Rotterdam I'm paying
    €8 a €9 a gram.

And the we have the law here that says I may have 5 grams with me for own use

So that means that in my region weed is still not to expensive
    and I can say we've got the best quality weed of the nation.

Further smoking weed is the same a taking a drink I find that.
    I drink alomst never only when I'm at a party and then I only drink a few.
    I rather smok a few J's than I'm drunk. after being drunk your haed always hurts
    and you'll have a hangover with weed I've got no troubles at all.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

My point was, was that smoking marijuana here is a cheap alternative to drinking. A shot of most things at bars are 6.50$, a beer is 7$, a 2/6 or most liquor at a store is on average around 20-30$, a mickey is about 15-20$ and etc etc.

That and smoking weed/hash has several ways you can smoke it, pipe, hot knifing, bong, or vaporizer. While alcohol you have it through the mouth or anus.

The only time I get hangovers is when I drink tequila, in which case, it was such a fun night, I don't mind.

5. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

They weren't taking it responsibly then. When smoking Salvia you should first put away all sharp objects and you should always have at least one sitter. When I first started there was always at least 3 of us and we rotated who was hallucinating so there was always at least one of us clear headed enough. Now I take it by myself because I always stay still when I'm on it.

6. assasinseye1

assasinseye1 Well-Known Member

Well I was not really being serious {I do not smoke it myself}I was makeing a point,if a person as I am
    doing is wasteing their life on a computer talking to a bunch of strangers let them it is their choice{I only do this when I have time},also with the weed if the person knows that it kills them every time they do it{same with beer,crack..etc;}let them do it,

7. orcywoo6

orcywoo6 New Member

8. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

legalize. not because its not bad for you, but because it would stop a lot of crime and murder. Once its legal all the hype around it will go, and people wont care so much- an overall decrease in weed usage will occur (not initially, but over the next decade).

cigarettes are worse any day. take it from a final year med student.

9. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

;D love seeing a post of mine makeing it over 100 post and 5 pages. i jump and skip around and i see a lot of good arguments. well let see how high this will go before i loss it in the never ending topics of post

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Very, this post reminds me of my old days on gamespot forums (I loved when my topics reached a second page).
    ..maybe...

11. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Also the government would save a lot of money since they wouldn't have to send cops on raids and spend money processing the criminals. Maybe then America could work towards paying off our crazy ass debts.

12. leona3166

leona3166 Member

Don't smoke !

13. andy_lampard

andy_lampard Active Member

Heres a story from a changed attitude.... I was a weed smoker for a long time, and it took jail for me to stop. I didnt think I was addicted but realistically i only didnt smoke it when i dint have any money.... for all it didnt lead me onto other drugs, i have to agree that you are more likely to take other drugs if you smoke weed. It has affected my ability to retain memory as well, and im certain of this as im an accountant and was before smoking it too.... and my wor capacity has decreased form smoking weed. It shouldnt be legal, because it would encourage stealing, and where amsterdam may be fine with it, they are a very different people that our nation. whoever posted this thread, if you want a good job that involves thinking stop now mate seriously, if you dont give a damn about your career path, just take it easy with it.

14. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

That can be but I still say: every person has a diffrent mind so every one acts
    diffrent when they are on weed. I just smoke because of my illness (Reuma)
    but that does'nt mean I can't function properly it is up to smoker to say what is my limit.

It is not the weed that makes a person steal it is the person itself `stoed or not they dicide to
    do it or not to do it.

15. manaseater

a major problem with drugs (including weed) is that they bear down on the economy in multiple ways.

They are a large cash sink, money that could be better spent elsewhere (investment, college tuition, etc)
    They reduce the user's activity and productivity.
    They are a large source of crime, and there by necessitate a larger law force.

Would making them legal help more or hurt more I'm not sure.

If they are legalized - see my last post for +points

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The same is true of alcohol, that is legal in most countries, and to a lesser extent, tobacco.

17. manaseater

Take a look at how wealthy and prosperous some countries are, I mean the ones that have the death penalty for drug use and a ban on alcohol that is...

18. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Saudi Arabia you mean? The one with all the oil?

19. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Same could be said about video games. But thats why I found romulation in the first place.

Not true. I've been smoking all throughout high school, and I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm taking 4 AP classes at the moment. Smoking hasn't done anything to my memory

20. Sycoslicer

Sycoslicer New Member

I don't think weed is all that bad for you, I think it should be made legal, but given an age restriction similar to that on alcohol. Cigarette's are legal, and they're way worse for your health than weed is, so why shouldn't weed be legal too? Of course the person taking it must have a decent amount of self-control. Besides, weed has medical uses too, by helping with pains, etc. If you believe it's entirely bad for you then you're a moron.