1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you think weed is bad for you. and sould it be legal or stay illegal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gameboy5.0, Apr 19, 2010.

1. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Not true, the reason marijuana is a gateway drug is because people buying it are in proximity with people doing harder stuff. Also to equate drugs with suicide is just naive.

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I'm all fort medicine marijuana, and I think that perhaps legalisation of marijuana in certain amounts may help reduce gang-related crime. Which is a big problem in California.

Other than that, I don't care unless you puff in front of my face. Disgusting!

3. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

To me, deliberatly damaging your lungs with tobacco or other things and damaging your liver with alcohol is just like slowly killing yourself.

4. MessoMesso

Same with junk food. Though of course, you don't see MS-13 trading in Cheetos...

As long as you're sober and not shoving those carcinogens down my throat, I couldn't care less. Death equals less traffic!

5. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Just living in that case is killing yourself. We all die sometime, what difference does it make if you choose to live a shorter life but have more enjoyment along the way, what harm?

6. MessoMesso

Well, if you're on PCP, you can go crazy for a bit and not make your kid wear a seatbelt.

7. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Same here, but I'd be pretty pissed if I get hit by a drunk/high driver. Wouldn't you?
    Post Merge: [time]1271714515[/time]
    If the enjoyment shortens my life NO THANKS, I'd rather have a little boring but longer life. You know, you can enjoy yourself without getting hurt...

8. darknova91230

darknova91230 Active Member

They should keep it illegal because soon everyone will be smoking and the streets will smell bad...... :p but really many people die from regular cigarettes because they cant put the cigars in a safe place. We've all heard when someone fell asleep and died cuz his/her cigar hit the floor and started a fire. If they do make it legal, at least put limits to it unless people NEED it. By need I mean like what someone above me said, that they need it because of sejures ( i know i spelled it wrong -_- ) or another medical issue. If people just want to smoke it because they want to, then put a limit at least . If I had to make the choice, I would
    1. No one under 18 can smoke
    2. People can only smoke a certain number of times a day, so they wont get that addicted and lead to other problems
    3. Put a few rules as to where someone can smoke
    4. No smoking in the presence of little kids. By little, I mean 12 and down, because they can get ideas and when you leave youre weed at the table and you put them alone in the kitchen next to it, the kid wont be dancing when you get back
    All in all, keep it illegal.

9. MessoMesso

Note the word "sober" in my post.

For personal reasons I would like to subject all drunk drivers to a Prometheus-style punishment. Don't talk to me about drunk drivers pissing me off.

10. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

That would be impossible to control, unluckily.
    Also, there are enough drunk drivers around killin people just because "they wanted to have fun", I don't want to add high drivers to that list.
    Post Merge: [time]1271715153[/time]
    Totally agree. In my country if you get caught driving drunk, they just take your license for a couple months, nothing more. And if you kill somebody driving while drunk, you're almost free to go.

11. darknova91230

What if it was made legal but to buy it you need a special card or something and from that card, it shows how many packs or whatever you bought and if you go over the limit, then you cant buy it.

12. MessoMesso

Apparently THC doesn't affect your driving negatively... I was surprised myself. I've got a post with a supporting study, but I can't be bothered to find it.

13. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Then you'll just make someone else buy it for you. Easy.

This looks like the opposite lol

14. MessoMesso

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/research/rsrr/theme3/cannabisanddrivingareviewoft4764?page=9

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/research/rsrr/theme3/cannabisanddrivingareviewoft4764?page=8

Apparently DARE lies... But I trusted out DARE officer so much!

15. darknova91230

if anyone tries to do that, THEY DIE XD jk

well, why would someone buy it for them? they want all their weed too. If the limit was 1 pack and someone wants 2 packs, why would someone else buy it. they would be wasting their own pack for someone who just wants more.

16. MessoMesso

The Netherlands has legalised marijuana in small amounts, right? Anyone know if everyone over there is high? Of course that might explain how pedopartij can possibly support national vegetarianism.

17. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Q: How does marijuana affect driving?

A: Marijuana affects many skills required for safe driving: alertness, concentration, coordination, and reaction time. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and sounds on the road.

Marijuana may play a role in car accidents. In one study conducted in Memphis, TN, researchers found that, of 150 reckless drivers who were tested for drugs at the arrest scene, 33 percent tested positive for marijuana, and 12 percent tested positive for both marijuana and cocaine. Data have also shown that while smoking marijuana, people show the same lack of coordination on standard "drunk driver" tests as do people who have had too much to drink.

Guess we'll never know lol

Money. You buy it for me, I'll pay you more.

18. MessoMesso

I want you. To scroll down. To the table.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/research/rsrr/theme3/cannabisanddrivingareviewoft4764?page=8

19. darknova91230

And what will they do with the money if they cant buy the weed anymore? Like I said, they want it to and if they do the same thing, a chain reaction occurs which always will leave at least 1 person with nothing

20. MessoMesso

Well, this being California, anything is better than a full-on ban. Gang problems... I don't know how many people are killed over THC alone.