1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do you still comfortable with old TV format or more like new HD TV format?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PuffyChain, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well that'd be good enough, I hope :)

So until 2015, I might not buy into HD TV yet.

4D?

Do you mean Television utilizing the fourth Dimension?

We haven't even "seen" what things are like in 4-D yet? There are models of how an individual who can perceive things in 4-D but most of them are still models based on theories, not actual acquired hard data.

The next step after 3-D TV would be holoprojectors, similar to the ones used in Star Trek where realistic holograms are produced which you can actually touch/hold.

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Maybe not, could be something similar to the Matrix.

3. MissMarlo

MissMarlo Well-Known Member

Hm. Well, personally, I like TV to remain surreal. When I'm watching Desperate Housewives, I don't want to see every single pore on Marcia Cross' face. However, when it comes to gaming, I much prefer the HD format. :D

4. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm going to get blind and deaf with HD...lol

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I agree with your statement. First off, HDTV was originally designed for medicine, military & space exploration uses. So why should it be used for commercial use?

Plus, would seeing every blemish on your favorite actors/actresses' face & body truly be something you'd want?

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

A poll would be nice!
    But I have at my dad an old tv and at my mum and HD :)

7. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I don't mind watching movies or just programmes with a standard tv but I can't see properly without an LCD when playing Xbox 360, right now still waiting and saving money to get an LCD. My Sony Wega still kick ass but there are some titles on the Xbox 360 that made it difficult to read..Star Ocean 4, Banjo Kazooie and etc..especially rpgs.

8. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

hdtv is better quality (duh) so i like it more

9. arceus12345

arceus12345 Well-Known Member

HDTVs are much better because they give you better quality picture or video. i would pay an extra 200 dollars(canadian) for an HDTV.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's such a childish reason.

Now your reason is a little better, but is higher video quality really that necessary? On videogames yes, but on TV shows....?

Let me quote a few posts:

Again, would you really like to see every pore or blemish on people's faces &/or skin that much? If so you really have no life &/or a total perv :p

11. bLATANT

bLATANT Well-Known Member

I have to say some TV really benifits from HDTV. One that really springs to mind are Nature documentaries. BBC's HD filming on there natural stuff is amazing, the panoramic shots are so deep and detailed, not just a blur of blue or green :)

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Standard Definition FTW, i wouldn't really notice a change between the two anyway