1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you miss the old cartoons

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by gameboy5.0, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I like tom and jerry.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Which variant loony?

The classic ones, the more recent ones or the spin off Tom & Jerry kids?

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I miss Digimon Series: 1
    They ruined Series: 2 by having Matt and Sora marry each other at the very end...
    It should have been Tai and Sora T_T
    Go to hell Matt, you harmonica playing emo.

Also; the writing and voice acting quality hit rock bottom in Series: 2, although the animation was better than that of Series: 1. Series: 3 was OK though...

Hey Arnold was great, and i loved the Poke'mon anime when i was younger. Although Ash and Misty never ended up together...
    Did Helga and Arnold?
    I blame cartoons for every failed relationship of every person in my generation.

!!WARGREYMON FTW!!

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Series 2 was one of the best, it followed perfectly to season 1. Also, Series 3 was crap-tastic and series 4 was easily one of the best.

5. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

I miss Cow and Chicken and especially Two Stupid Dogs...I love the fat guy that says: ''Well ain't that cute.............BUT IT'S WROOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGG!!!1111!! ''

6. sokka101

sokka101 Well-Known Member

WHY WHY WHY, WERE THEY CANCELLED

7. cellphone

cellphone Member

I like the Tom & Jerry show but not the new one.

8. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

Popeye the Sailorman... POOOT POOOOOT!

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I like the Hannah-Barbera version of Popeye better than the more classic Paramount Pictures version of him simply because I was born on 1979 & when I was 3 the Hannah-Barbera version was what I first saw. I only ever saw the older one when I was in 6th grade when they were rerunned by a local TV station here & the way Popeye looked originally & the sound of Olive's older voice made me appreciate it even less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuDzMZO0x30&feature=related <- Sample of Paramount's version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRRRK21igA8 <- Hannah-Barbera version.

10. cellphone

cellphone Member

Scooby-Doo Where Are You

11. ndsrapid

ndsrapid Well-Known Member

I really miss Samurai Jack.

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Digimon frontier had an awesome theme ^_^

I liked the japanese version of savers with "Digisoul Charge!"

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

People, you don't count Anime that hasn't reached the decade Mark as classics mmm'kay? So Stop it with Digimon or Samurai Jack, go even older, like 90's below older :p

I tell you, you can tell who are the young ones & the older ones on here.

14. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I miss Tom & Jerry and Scooby Doo. I really do...

15. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Classic Tom & Jerry and Scooby Doo.
    Those were the days ::)

16. CrashmanX

Well let me put it this way, if your over 25 and on a forum about emulating games talking about anime classics with a bunch of kids below 20, you might be a creeper. Also, since were so "young" these are the "classics" to us. Though I have seen 90% of what you've mentioned.

17. cellphone

cellphone Member

I miss the adventures of Tintin

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Ha you fail!

Gaming has no age limits, my proof?

If videogames were only meant for kids then why were GTA games full of sex & violence references ever made? They were created to cater to an aged audience of gamers.

AND FYI, a huge bulk of RomUlation's users (the ones who just download stuff) are of the 30s to the elderly range thank you very much 8)

19. CrashmanX

Yes but they're not here talking to "young" kids about what cartoons they should watch.

20. Muumin

Muumin Member

I really, really miss:

Beetlejuice, Count Duckula, all those Disney series: (Aladdin, Darkwing Duck, The Gummy Bears, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Timon and Pumbaa, The Little Mermaid, Doug, Disney’s Jungle Cubs, Mighty Ducks, Quack Pack, Tale Spin), Calimero, All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series, The Moomins, Alfred J. Kwak, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ren & Stimpy (was and still is kinda sick) etc.

Oh and I just love those old cartoon movies: "The Secret of NIMH", "An American Tail", "The Land Before Time", "Anastasia" and all those movies made by Disney....

Meh, the 21th century sucks...