1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do people really care about their LIVES anymore?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by mds64, Jun 9, 2010.

1. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... uhhh, I do care... not on my life but the lives of my children, I'm 17 (going on 18) and I'm getting a free ride to whatever university I damn please. do I do it for me? well a little. but I do most of it for the generations ahead of me, I know my children have a future that I can bolster...

so you can say I care about my life right now

2. slinks71

slinks71 New Member

I think it's pretty sad to even think that thought. Yes, some people make wrong choices for whatever reason and it seriously affects their lifestyle. Life is not a dress rehersal, it's the real deal.

But before people make these crazy choices why, oh why, oh why don't they stop and think about the people it affects? The little old lady they rob to get money for drugs, the innocent driver's family who was killed by a hoon, a mum watching her adult child die slowly and painfully from drug addicition or alcoholism, a dad knowing his daughter gives her body to an uncaring guy, a child knowing they were unwanted by their dad. It's the families and close friends that have to live the shame, embarrassment and overwhelming guilt when their child/parent/friend goes to jail for violent crimes or has to put the pieces back together after someone they love is killed in a car accident, suicides or ODs. If we can't make good choices to make ourselves feel good, at least consider making a good choice for them as they will ultimately pay for our stuff-ups and suffer the pain worse than we do.

And for the people who have been victims in some form then don't let the barstards beat you at the game of life by making you feel unworthy. Prove to them and all those around you and that you deserve love, you deserve respect and happinessby overcoming your fears and achieving the smallest things that will eventually lead to bigger, happier and rewarding things. It is so much easier to love than harbour hate.

Life is not there to be conquered or endured, it is there to be embraced and enjoyed by all. This is the advice I give to my two little boys as they start facing life's obstacles.

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I think everyone should do some bad things, im not saying kill someone or anything but enjoy life for a while, make all the mistakes because when you get older you will then have the experience to make the right choices.
    seriously, i will never EVER owe anybody a penny again, i will never make a stupid mistake again, i always make the right decision no matter what it is and thats down to experience.
    Im not gonna preach to my daughter, she can learn herself the hard way, im just gonna be there to support her.
    I know people my age(31) that still live at home, still rely on their parents etc because they have never been out in the real world.

how can you make the right decision with only half the story? if you only have morals and what you have heard from others to go by you can make mistakes and not fully understand. right and wrong is not always as clear as black and white.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

asking people to messing up their life isnt a proper advice. sure people make mistake and they will grow from it, but to ask people to mess up their life on purpose?

I for one arent interested to mess up my life anymore it is right now.

People can learn from other's mistake. I learn from watching friends, family and co workers.

5. K-N

K-N Member

Im finding a reason to live

6. msg2009

no i said enjoy life whilst your young, dont hold back unless its serious

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

now that i can agree with.

8. slinks71

slinks71 New Member

I totally get your point but I think we need to look at it from the point of a 17yo boy deciding to drag on a public road and accidentally kills someone or himself, of going to a party and taking an "e" and then finding that it's dodgey and being on life support, or a girl going to a party getting smashed and then being raped or getting pregnant or, worse, AIDs. Drinking, drugging and partying is all great innocent fun until it goes bad and unfortunately not a teen nor an adult can pick when it will go bad and that's why I want my boys to experience their highs in other ways.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Similar way to how I'm living mine, problem is by not experiencing it yourself it means if you wound up in such a situation by chance (like I have-damn bullcrap luck of mine!) you only have limited experience.

Here's what i say, enjoy your lives, but don't do something stupid like taking drugs, drinking yourself silly or drag race unless it's in a controlled environment and you got plans (ie drag racing on a track which you can hire, a drinking game at your own place with someone that can restrain you if you loose it, and no to drugs end story :p )

10. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Did any of them run in front of a bus? You care, you asked. You answer your OP.

11. msg2009

bad shit happens, put it this way - they will NEVER do it again.
    like i said, a bit of fun while your young is ok, dont hold back UNLESS its serious.
    you could get run over tomorrow without ever enjoying life and doing things that made you excited and scared and getting that buzz
    my dad got hit by a car and it left him paralysed, theres lots of things he never got round to doing and wishes he had

12. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Some people prefer to live 50 years rather than survive 80 years.

13. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

well crapping your pants at an old age isnt so alluring

14. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

[/quote]

15. LJ44

LJ44 Active Member

Really cant any of you figure that any experience that comes to you is part of the experience? It may be different for me, i live in the US with some people to back me, and im still very young, but still, I take any experience, good or bad. It affects you in some way. And besides, you will look back when youre 80 or so years and think, why the hell did i waste my life away? Sure, you might not be doing crazy things, but what else about your life will be notable?