1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do people really care about their LIVES anymore?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by mds64, Jun 9, 2010.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Re: Do people really care about "life" anymore?

i'm still can be consider as homeless right now, since i dont really own a home, everything that i have right now, belongs to my mom. technically all i have is my loan and my job.

also i started working part-time in some relatives shop since i was 12, and everytime when school breaks, basically when other kids enjoying their holiday, i spend mine working for allowance and no its no an easy job, they use me as a cheap labour and worked my ass off, plus i have to deal wth thier no good rich kids. I basically have much more working experience then most people and i know hardship really really well. so dont you "growth up" me.

right now, all i can do is try to have a good retirement, i have 2 private retirement plan (2nd retirement plan is funded by the 1st retirement plan's payout), a government funded retirement plan and a life insurance that double as a retirement plan.

i hope i can afford a house to retire to after i finish my loan.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

lol hardship, you dont have a clue. you had a job since been 12 and live at your mums.
    try living on the streets with no job and a new baby to look after.
    homeless means nowhere to live, no roof over your head, no sleeping at your mums house. just you outside in the rain and cold

3. calvin_0

you dont really want to go there, you have no idea how mess up my childhood is, i have done lot of thing that i'm not really proud off back then.

4. msg2009

you want to compare life? i bet i beat you easily on good and bad things
    heres a small part of my life: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39987.msg736973#msg736973
    theres plenty more i can add

5. calvin_0

no thanks, my childhood doesnt have anything nice to talk about. my life is all about bad things. personally i'm very tired of life.

6. msg2009

i will take that as i win then. your just excuse after excuse and zero ambition

7. calvin_0

say what you want. you still arent living my life.

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

what... win? last time I checked this wasnt a contest.

9. msg2009

no i was living a worse life, i just got it sorted out

10. calvin_0

i just read your life story, you mess up your life, but i didnt... my life is already mess up.

but ya, you got a harder life because you do drugs, i dont, i may be not capable of getting a scholarship, but i'm not dumb enough to do drugs.

and unlike you i'm not proud of my mess up life.

11. msg2009

i DO drugs? no, I DID drugs.
    and where did i say i was proud?
    im proud of the way ive got myself together which is what im trying to tell you to do, rather than just continue

12. calvin_0

and you assume i did not? like i said i have yet to found that infamous "option" that people like you keep telling me.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

At a guess, that's because you don't want to find it. There's none so blind as those who will not see.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

He wasn't saying he was proud....he's saying he had it harder, and grew the fuck out of it.

It's one thing to have a hard life, but to make excuses and not do shit about it is another.

I think msg is more proud that he turned things around, god bless that crazy man XD

My life is messed up, possibly not like yours calvin, and surely not like msg's, and I did makes things worse for myself at times...

But I took steps, reclaimed the life I almost lost (having friends that stick to you and having a job), and being content with life as it comes.

It's why I choose a small portion of life, I'm afraid to fail, but when I am, I'll climb up just enough to stay out of the deep end.

Now, special schooling, I never considered myself "normal" because I was a little far behind, at times I felt like a god compared to my fellow stupids because I was a "low class" of disability.

But being around normal people (doing tafe, courses mixed with other's, etc) I felt weak, after some time and help from said school I had 4 years of fast food as my first job.

(Mind you, the work experience vids kept showing people with disabilities in fast food, I felt ashamed I let my teachers talk me into it...at first)

Things went fine, made $600 a week as a casual who worked 35 hours a week, made great friends who thankfully I still have now, until the psyco path within lashed out (bad anger issues-plus the feelings of love changed me...mentally), needless to say a staff member nearly got hurt (and several bystanders) and to avoid having a black mark on my resume I out right quit, spent just a month in myu bed...stricken with sadness since I lost the one friends who actually got me out doing crazy shit.

Got a new job (closer to home, less stressful, management is quite caring), the few friends I had left (from work and beyond) took me in, gave me new friends who didn't give a damn about my anger issues, and chose just to have a quiet life, to watch over those I care for, and to help other's in need when I can.

Seems like a weak story, but when it happens you feel like crap, heck at one point my old job kept saying "you'll just transfer" but after 2 weeks of that BS, they tell me "new info came up" and again, was shoved into sadness...then i opened my eyes.

Don't know if the new "info" was too timely, all I knew is this...

I was sick of being sad.

(Work suspended me for a month, in that time I was in bed not eating or sleeping, I tried to get help via depression sites, they gave some hope, and after the month during the "trial" I felt happier and did life style changes such as more exercise, but when that bomb hit christ I went down hard, but after the second day in bed I opened my eyes and took action, quit, found a new job, end story)

I'm not sure what happened to you Calvin in your life, but no need to keep living the sad depressing one, stand up and fight-you may not be able to fix the past but you do something...

I live with my parents still until I save enough cash, once I do I'll ethier rent out with some trusted mates or wait until I inherited the house my parents are using now XD

Try finding another job, or save up and move from your area to find a more job filled place, heck I'd welcome you to Australia if you chose to move over seas :)

15. msg2009

there is always options, you just have to look for them/work for them/earn them.
    for example, you say theres no jobs calvin? if you turn up for an interview and show the willingness to give 100% maybe someone will give you that chance, rather than just say nah he has no confidence or whatever.
    people wouldn't give me the time of day at one point but i realised that if you start helping yourself, people look at you in a different way. My life has changed totally but im still that same person, i just grew up. took me till my mid 20's but i got there

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If it's the area he lives in then that's another issues, which is why I suggested maybe moving to another for work.

It happens, it's why I stopped looking in the city (yeah-city had no jobs when I looked :( ) and looked locally.

It's funny how it's the last place you'd suspect XD

17. calvin_0

well lets look at the options that i have right now.

Find a better job: So far i found non, those who i found that pay better then my current job is paying lower or equal to my current job after traveling expenses. Those who pay really well (manager level), i do not qualifie with my current education. I currently a diploma holder, that is what malaysia college give you, a diploma. By US standard i'm only a high school graduated.

Get a degree: a IT degree in malaysia cost around 45-50k, which i do not have.

Get a loan: each bank offer a student loan that cover 80% of course cost with differ intrest rate, but require at least 10k deposit\downpayment\whatever you call them which i do not have. even i have, the loan with intrest rate will add another atleast 30k into my debt, which sum to 53K, what are the chances i'm going to find a job that pay high enough to repay those loan?

Go for individual seminar: they cost around 3-6 k, which i cant afford them, bank arround here dont give such loan, plus i cant get leave to begin with, there is a reason i ddint have a vacation in 5 years. Boss dont want to hire more help.

Ask mom: She got a on going house and a car loan, i can support myself and you want me to ask her for more money? she cant even afford my old college payment to begin with.

Ask rich relative: I rather die then to beg from them.

Get a better job at overseas: they dont do interview here, so i need to go to them, and what if i dont get the job? even i get, there will add some new expenses like a working visa, passport, rental.. ect ect. i have to tkae those into count, it wont worth it if it turn out i make lesser or equal. I been to some local interview hold my neighboring country (singapore) i didnt get the job. i have yet to found another one.

so what else can i do? every option i look so far turn out to be a dead end.

also i'm starting a long term medication for my asthma which i get for free in my current work. so if i find a new work, i have to add that into count.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As deep as your concerns are...and the fact that you obviously thought hard...

Sometimes, as I found...being a brave idiot may yield give better results than the smart one that hangs back.

It's your choice, but i feel you have alot of negatives...Your gonna have to try something radical.

No pain no gain, While I lost some money from my last job (600 a week casual to 400 part time) i gained peace of mind, and a better business sense..hence why i dump my own games and exploit other loop holes.

[me=hYpNoS]is the guy using his expired by 2 years ID card from university for free fast food upgrades[/me]

19. msg2009

stop finding excuses and do it. if you come to the UK you will easy get a minimum wage job. you could afford to rent your own house and do a college course a few evenings.
    plus you would get your medication from the nhs.
    you have to be prepared to do whatever it takes rather than moan and find excuses.
    I think your comfortable living at home and dont really want to do more

20. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I'm actually already dead so I'm not really living my life, as I don't have a life I cannot be living. Thus I cannot be just living my life. HurrHurr.

I actually don't care about my life much at all. I just slug through every day, it's boring stuff. And I don't exactly want to commit suicide, so you know.

I don't drink and drive (I don't do either seperately either)
    I don't do drugs.
    I don't make a fool of myself in public. ('Kay maybe IRC.)

I tink weh gt teh pictuuuur.