1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do not buy these flashcarts, avoid at all costs.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kiekoes, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hm.
    I wasn't the only one.
    If you go back, you will see that as well.

By the way, people irritate me when they like to dig into others follies.

2. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, then.
    Discussion closed.

No further comments need to be said about my "annoyances".

If you are truly saying this is even, then you will oblige by this.

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna. But really, change the name of this thread in something like: 'please try to not get these flashcards' or something like that. Would be funny if they explode if your looking at them, but they're not gonna...

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Then that's your choice.

But this thread is valuable.

Just should be titled different, yes and the flashcarts moved around. The organization is poor and the clones need to be separated from the real ones.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

ha, I use an R4 now...
    but let's face it, the R4 totally beats what my first flashcart was (a Datel GnM)
    The the games n music card was how I was introduced to the DS homebrew scene, and it was a really good card for someone who was just starting, no firmware to bother with, having to learn how to DLDI patch (it took me several hours to figure out how to patch moonshell and DSorganize for my GnM card).

I think that the R4 should be considered one of the greatest flashcarts, just because of it's impact it made when it was first released. And the ability it has to still keep up with the new dogs like the Acekard, and CycloDS, at only half of the price. But I must say, the SCDS2 has everything beat, with it's ability to emulate GBA games, and play commercial DS roms (basically a super powered DS iPlayer).

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Some, but not all. It's AP bypass hasn't worked at all really.

I will be acquiring one in time. Just to see what it's like.
    I really want it for GBA Emulation on the DSi XL.

8. Psi_Ground

Psi_Ground Well-Known Member

I bought an Acekard 2i recently... It doesn't work on 1.4, but I never updated it. It runs AKIKO 1.7 just fine and works on my old DS, so yeah.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's one of my favorite flashcarts that I have used thus far.
    It's well worth the money if you have a DSi/XL or any DS and plan to upgrade.

10. ShadowHiyru

ShadowHiyru Member

OP confirmed for idiot, my r4 sdhc is perfectly fine and have yet to have a rom refused.

11. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

This thread would be valuable if you didn't make it.

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

ace1o1 didn't make the thread. Check the first post. Unless you're talking about its existence in general. Yes, it should exist. It just shouldn't exist like this.

13. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

wow people are still arguing about the R4.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I think you should pay attention to who made what before firing your fucking guns at the wrong person.
    Keikoes made it just to let you know.

It should be very different than this.

If I HAD made it, it would be very different than it is now.

I'm not arguing about the R4 anymore. :p
    Just its clones.

15. LuckyTrouble77

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

17. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Better, but it still if they will explode if you come near :p

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't see whats wrong with this one other than people not reading the title properly, it makes it clear not to buy an R4 because of the high chance of getting a useless clone. R4 owners are just getting defensive over nothing.

19. LuckyTrouble77

No, this thread was created by a someone biased and supported by those who know nothing of the carts they choose to bash. The issue isn't just the fact that R4 was thrown on there, the issue is that every cart that wasn't an Acekard, CycloDS, or Supercard was thrown on there. By the way, I do mean every cart. This thread also makes it sound like that if a person has one of their carts, then it will wreak hell upon their DS unless they run off to spend at the very least another $15 when they may not need to.

I created the other thread, as this one has lost all hope for redemption. Changing the first post won't change the 11 pages of people basically telling every third person that their card is shit because it isn't one of the absolute best carts out there right now.

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Can you kindly stop saying shit about me please.
    Now you are just being a troll.
    Do you get something out of this or something?...
    Please stop, or I'll take further actions.

Yes.

If you don't buy from the right vendor, you're most likely to get a clone cart.

This is still a good thread in retrospect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.