1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disney buys Marvel

Discussion in 'General News' started by timmy1991, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It's good to see a lot of you also agree that allowing Marvel to be bought by Disney was the one move that "would" totally ruin Marvel.

I told this news to a Marvel Fanboy friend of mine & he's still so optimistic :p

He claims Disney would even make Marvel's audience base grow seeing as Disney is a "reputable" Company, yeah right :p

2. MVCFighter

MVCFighter New Member

As A Marvel fan myself its sad to hear out favorite heroes and villians dummed down..

RIP Marvel

3. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... donald pool

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

They've made good games, that Mickey adventure game for the GC a long time ago was fun. Their newer games are fun too, Turok, and Pure. I'm pretty sure they're working on Split Second, looks cool. This game hasn't come out yet but look up Epic Mickey, that game is going to be sweeeet.

Again, everyone is overreacting, nothing bad will come of this, it'll be similar to Disney owning it's game studio (they made Turok, that game is violent) and they have Miramax under their wing, Disney doesn't have to do much with Miramax and their game studio.

5. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... i cant wait for AVP game... hopefully it will be better than the 1998 version... fox interactive, you crashed my computer

6. silverkitty2012

silverkitty2012 Well-Known Member

just updating from my last post here that the disney indiana jones stunt show is too cool! Disney's been rockin' spiderman n other marvel characters! since they bought it, we've gotten xmen origins, ultimate alliance, and super squad for the little ones. lots of talk on new movies and even MY THOR!!!! they are planning a series for him! awesome. stan lee chose wisely.

7. smashbrosmk

smashbrosmk Well-Known Member

we. are. screwed!

8. Trancechaotic

Trancechaotic Active Member

Has anyone played Marvel Super Hero Squad? It looks like Ninjabread Man with bobble head X-men.

9. Disney is starting to buy up everything.

10. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

11. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

They didn't agree for the contract yet....

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Here's a somewhat clear indication of things to come.

I know it's not connected per se, but if you are a Power Rangers fan (surprise, surprise! I like Power Rangers, or more correctly Super Sentai because of the giant robots) you know that Disney dissed the last Sentai series "Samurai Sentai Shinkenger" because according to Disney, they can't "localize" the series because of too many "Japanese culture" references in the series. This statement is an EPIC FAIL, as the original owners of the Power Rangers franchise (Saban international) was able to localize both Kakurangers (Alien Rangers) & Harikenger (Ninja Storm) with no problems, not to mention Disney was able to localize Gekiranger (Jungle Fury) easily. This leads me into thinking 3 possibilities:

1. Disney's just being lazy - they know of Kung Fu & ninja from the movies but not of the Samurai heritage. If so Disney is just being retarded as the ninja & samurai heritage are closely tied.

2. Disney hates Japanese culture - they like Chinese culture better than Japanese culture, which is absolute bull.

3. They've had enough of the franchise per se & decided to milk Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers instead, which by the way a lot of die hard Super Sentai fans dislike as Samurai Sentai Shinkenger is one of the most anticipated series of all time, according to several Youtube replies on Shinkenger videos I've seen.

So yeah, expect something of the sort with Marvel :p

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Power Rangers is Epic Fail with or without Disney ;)

14. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Yeah...
    Disney did welll with it's animated movies, though. Like Snow White.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

At least Power Rangers was a feeble attempt to introduce the rest of the world to Super Sentai ;)

I bet if Saban International didn't make the first Power Rangers series (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers) & just made dubs of the original Sentai series it wouldn't appeal that much to western audiences.

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

its depend on which power ranger, mighty morphing power ranger and operation overdrive is good. but look at the bright side, atleast they arent as sucks as Masked Rider.

17. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

^
    agree with that.. i really don't like masked riders which adaption from kamen rider.... i can imagine if they adapt samurai shinkenger too... it will be another failure just like masked rider..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.