1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disgaea DS...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mishy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

What if I bought a Sandisk? Would that work just as well?

Im a little tight on money at the moment. So hence, why I'm asking.

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Sandisks work with the R4, I have a 2GB sandisk right now, never had a problem...

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Awesome. I'll start googling around to see what I find. Would I be able to buy these items in like Best Buy or Circuit City?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

flashcart no, microSD yes, but it would be cheaper online.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Get your bloody as cheap Sandisk and Kingston MicroSDs and such from http://www.amazon.com/. Good shit. jin, not all flashcarts use MicroSD storage to hold data.

6. darksynyster

darksynyster Well-Known Member

You are going to have to order them online. If you want I could give you a link to a site that sells flashcarts and MicroSD cards and that is their main market. Which is where I got my CycloDS flashcart. The best part is that right now (since you mentioned you are tight on money), they are selling the CycloDS flashcart for $50 and they are throwing in a free 1 GB MicroSD card. It's a limited time offer (I would still recommend you to get a 2 GB Japanese Kingston MicroSD card though). However, they only ship in the US. Anyway, if you are interested just let me know.

7. ackurxs

ackurxs Guest

A great place is www.dealextreme.com That's where i got mine

8. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I am in the U.S.A. So that's not a problem. I would like all the links I can get. ;)

EDIT: would any these on the page work at all?

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_1453582_1?ie=UTF8&node=1092224&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=00KSFC4CZD6NS9SEYNCT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=237002801&pf_rd_i=1092212

EDIT(2): What about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-2GB-microSD-Memory-Package/dp/B000NIX2MM/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1222566473&sr=8-3

EDIT(3) What do you think of this one?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13683

9. darksynyster

10. anandjones

Get a Cyclo or DSTT. Get the Kingston 2GB, very cheap from Amazon I must say. Purchased here would be about $50, and that's not even Kingston/Sandisk but AData.

11. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm gonna see if I get either the R4 which most people here seem to talk about or the CycloDS because it's another recommended hot item to have.

I "love" you guys for helping me.

EDIT: All, the NDS roms I have currently will run as if it is the "actual cart" itself right? No static like music and all that stuff?

12. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

100% ye.

it will work like if it was the Actual Cart itself.

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It loads up and you pick the game and then it starts just like a normal one, if you are experienced enough try ebay but newbies to ebay get scammed easily, if you feel uneasy about one of them don't buy it, even the most legit looking can still sell fakes, but if it's price that bothers you, try there

14. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm deciding between a R4 and a CycloDS one. So, hopefully, when I get it you guys have a tutorial ready for me. ;)

I plan I getting a nice sized cart too. I want either a 2GB or 4GB because there are so many good NDS games out right now. And who knows how many more I will download from this site. :)

15. darksynyster

Go for the CycloDS flashcart. It is a little more expensive, but it is worth it. It is also drag and drop, so you won't need any tutorials. All you'll have to do is copy or drag the game, and paste or drop it in the file and that's it.

16. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Well, for some of them they have this: [​IMG]

Whatever is colored in that light blue is the thing I'm talking about it.

Do I need to put those files in my Flash Cart or just the game file itself?

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, those are text files with information about the rom. You only need the .nds files on your flashcart.

18. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Thanks. Now I really can't wait to get it.

19. leafpanda

leafpanda Active Member

I have the rom for ds and the real game for PS2. Its a fun game, but I hate repeating battles so it'll be hard balancing out the two games.

20. anandjones

Nearly all flashcarts are drag and drop darksynester. Remember the proper R4 only supports MicroSDs, no SDHC High Capacities.