1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Discussion: Outer Space

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Fredie109, Jun 21, 2010.

1. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

mgs' post does not back up your claim, go read it yourself.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I dont understand it all so dont try to ask me anything, i just googled and found that. :p

3. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Don't backup my claim? It does,try to understand it. If not go ask your professor. To explain to 13 year-old is a bit difficult here. It is simple as this: If you think science and physics has nothing to do with something in your head, then get out of reality.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

physics has little to do with thought processes and psychology is considered a joke in the 'pure science' (chem/phys/bio) world because its not quantifiable. ive heard it described as more of a religion than a science.

I know because I majored in both physics and chemistry at high school

5. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

your nose does use quantum mechanics to smell though

6. allkratos

High school physics is so different from advanced physics my friend. Me too, majored in both physics and chemistry. Actually science has to do with thought. What we are thinking and our temptations might actually have something to do with evolution. If you don't believe that, it's hard then. Our thinking,our brain processes involves several kind of chemicals. Chemicals are complex molecular structure, molecules are collection of atoms, the realm of atoms; electron and other subatomic particles is governed by Quantum Mechanics. Well, more accurately the Standard Model. It can gives you the most precise measurement of our universe so far.

7. Loonylion

it was advanced physics. quantum mechanics was a core part of the course.

8. allkratos

Well,you won't get into the real quantum mechanics like Standard Model, Schrödinger Equation,etc in high school, at least not deeply.

9. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Haha, oh wow. This is what you've been getting at the entire time? I'll give you props for setting up such an elaborate straw man argument and believing me to be 13, but this just takes the cake. For all your technobabble (and it is babble; you're just shooting off various scientific terms without regard to the coherency or consistency of your argument), do you not understand the concept of a figure of speech?

10. allkratos

Who cares, you are not GOD.

11. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Bawwwww. I'm well aware of the fact that I'm not (and have never claimed to be) God. I'd ask what your point is but you don't seem to be very good at answering questions like that.

12. Loonylion

did the standard model (and several others), did shrodinger's equation, did einstein's theory of relativity, covered quarks, leptons and neutrinos, covered nuclear fission and nuclear fusion, strong and weak nuclear forces and a host of other topics.

13. allkratos

I still don't get it, how come high school physics cover those stuff deeply

14. Fredie109

Fredie109 Member

This thread has gone out of my league.

15. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

What possible reason is there that those subjects were covered in a physics class, hmm... I do wonder?

16. Loonylion

Nex is correct, I chose physics expecting to learn tapestry and embroidery.

17. allkratos

Seriously high school physics with quantum mechanic? I think it is rather pre-quantum mechanics.

18. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

New York's standardized physics curriculum does cover a bit of quantum mechanics.