1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Digimon Or Pokemon

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by mc_vampz, Aug 21, 2007.

?

which game is better

1. Digimon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pokemon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

psychic pokemon can disable your attacks......

2. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

@PhantomKids - good point; though like that would stop Metal Greymon.

@clyffe - Boimechanical beings are most likely unaffected by Disable attacks because they are half-machine; not steel pokemon. So unless you send a virus to Machine digimon's brain you won't be able to disable their attacks.

3. clyffe28

then use watergun to form rust.....

4. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Digizoid metal doesn't rust. Similar to the metallic body parts of Steel Pokemon; though it is not said what kind of metal bodies steel Pokemon have.

5. digimon tv series - first 2 seasons were pretty good, but like always they just don't know when to quit
    pokemon - when you were a kid, you of course liked the first few seasons of pokemon, same thing happened to digimon, don't ruin a good thing

digimon world - a good game (came out before the anime) that requires lots of good taming abilities (raising), best out of all 3 (that were released for ps1) was the first

pokemon - red, blue and yellow were crazy, sold everywhere....still a fun game, then they made gold, silver and crystal and still sold many many copies. Then the games moved on to the gba....where from what me and my friends have talked about, is where they lost a lot of fans and its just gone downhill from there, in terms of respect for the franchise too.

pokemon cards - insanely popular, banned in many schools subsequently. easy to learn, and play.

digimon cards - not so much, most who bought these didn't know how to play and just collected them.

How they stack up

Game
    Pokemon - 7 out of 10 (series), new games have taken away from the classic way we once saw pokemon as.
    Digimon - 5 out of 10 (series, 1-3), one being the best, 2 and 3 tried to follow how the anime worked more, didn't work out so well.

Cards
    Pokemon - 8 out of 10, who remembers that it once cost $100 dollars to buy a charizard. that says plenty.
    Digimon - 7 out of 10, fun to collect, was a good game if you knew how to play.

Anime
    Pokemon - 6 out of 10, portrayed an innocent view on everything...eventually made old fans sick
    Digimon - 8 out of 10, first season was great, it reached its best moment when the first movie appeared.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I think Digizoid metal is an alloy Similar to Chogokin

7. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Well most of the Royal Knight and Olympus Twelve Digimon have Digizoid so no water pokemon can win against them and there is some Metal digimon that live in the sea so i dont think water is really useful against metal digimon

8. clyffe28

if alakazam can bend a metal spoon, then..............

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

... there is no spoon.

10. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Off Topic -

"Say you learn an extremely powerful heal ability, just using it once on yourself will enable Galacticmon to learn it, & throughout your battle he'll do nothing but heal himself continously, while dampening the effectivity of your attacks"

HAHA, This Is SOOOO FUNNY And TRUE !!! I Call games like These Cheat, Cheap Fighting Games.

On Topic -

I Vote Pokemon All The way. I Never Liked Digimon for A Few Reasons,

1 - All The Digimons name Ended in "MON". Imagen, Everyone one on earth name ended in "MEN" My name would be "HenryMen". It Jus Doesnt work.

2 - It is a Clone of Pokemon. Digimon is Without a lie, is tha Clone of pokemons Backside.

3 - All Digimons Talk? Why? there voices were gay as it is already then they have to speak.

On the Other hand, i Did Like Digimon games (Excluding the Long Loading Screens on the ps1 - ps2 games) they were fun and 3D. Unlike Pokemon, It took Time for it to launch on the N64 and it wasnt even that good. infact, i hated Pokemon stadium. but pokemon has better moves abilitys and there are A Wider range of pokemon to catch. i believe there was 152 pokemons to catch on the 1st ever pokemon game releast (Including Messigno). Digimons games till this date i believe havent even got that wide range of digimons to have.

** Note **

All of what i said was my oppinion

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

1. As you can see according to loony, Digimon came first so Pokemon are the copy cats

2. It's better for a monster to talk than to say "pika pika" or Squirtle aquirtle" all the time & the later is truly annoying

3. Digimon evolve into massive destructive kick ass monsters while pokemon are stuck with either being cute or hideous

12. 1Blacks1

HAHAHA.

1 - Okie,Its like this now. Souljah Boy. go on youtube and type in souljah boy and you will see him do his thing now type in somthing around those lines of "Souljah boy remake" and you will see millions of people doing the same thing as souljah boy but 100% better than him, and he was the one that made it. now subsitute "Souljah boy" with "Digimon" and "Millions of people" With "Pokemon". I Think i have my point.

2 - Now Now, i tryed to think of a come back for this but as you can probly tell, i havnt got 1. but the least i can say is that "I Would Rather have a Poke/Digi saying "Pika Pika" rather than having them say "Yo Man Get Your Tinny little ass over here" plus like i said before, its annoying listenin to japanise/Chinise adults trying to speek like little kids acting like a little animal.

3 - Okie, Imagen this scenario as i paint it for you. Your living in "Digi World" (Or were ever you want aslong as there is Digimons) now, you get into a fight with someone near your house (Or Someone elses house for that matter) you Evolve you Digimonster because the guy your fighting is too strong. now you have a "Big Kick Ass Monster" you Fight and win, The Tarrain starting as a Ally way has transformed into a ally way with big footsteps or the dead Digimonster, the houses broken. who is going to pay for all that? i wont because il have my "Cute" Little pokemons stored in my pokeball.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Heh well I'll just Digidevolve my Digimon, another Digimon advantage is that a Digimon can de- evolve, so if my Digimon is too big I'll just De evolve him to Fresh hatchling form, then if I wanted to, I'll evolve him into another gene line, yet another Digimon advantage, you see unlike Pokemon, Digimon can evolve in many gazillion ways. Lets take Agumon, increase his fire element too much, he evovles to Tyranomon, increase his weight, he becomes Monochromon, balance his Attributes you get Greymon. Then Greymon can evovle to either Metalgreymon, blackmetalgreymon, or Skullgreymon. As for Tyranomon, he becomes Mastertyranomon, machinedramon, machinetyranomon

Also I have to admit, the Digimon Anime kinda sucks, but atleast its action packed, unlike that pokemon anime, which is filled with cutesy hippy crap, "you got to love your poikemon", "you should love the environment" pfft! Tree hugging Hippy Crap

14. 1Blacks1

Now Now Homie, i Have to Agree with you there. "Tree hugging Hippy Crap" And "Multi - Evolution Depending On Status". But Thats Also a Thing i Didnt Like about Digimon, De-evolution. Thats the same as having a Guy Having a Sex Change to a Girl, then Changeing again into a boy. Also Once The DMG is done, It is done, you still have to pay for it at the end of the day. They should of Put that in the Anime. I Can Imagen it now, watching the Main Character of the Anime getting a Milliun Dollor Payment Bill For 2 houses and a Ally way that he broke. Pokemon came Equipt with those questions, They have an Arena for pokemon to fight in and when they dont use it they fight in Wide open Spaces.

Conclusion -

I Could think of so many things that i dont like about Digimon, you could do the same about pokemon, at the end of the day were just gonna stay in the same position that we are now.

15. clyffe28

I can think of a pokemon move that can beat up digimons and that is Fissure, a one hit KO move no matter how high your defence is

16. PhatomKids

I can also think up a move which can beat up all pokemon and that is Dimension Destroyer from Millenniummon

17. clyffe28

Then I'll use disable

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Protect says Hi

19. PhatomKids

Than Time Destroyer Kick In

20. clyffe28

there is a chance it will not work