1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Digimon Or Pokemon

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by mc_vampz, Aug 21, 2007.

?

which game is better

1. Digimon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pokemon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Looks can be deceiving. That little bastard Azelf can do some nasty damage if left unchecked.

Or are we talking about the TV shows?

2. asiandumbass

asiandumbass Active Member

I like the concept and idea of digimon over pokemon. I mean its more realistic (yea i know its a anime). I dont like the idea that in pokemon, they send little children off to collect dangerous animals. Those animals can destroy the world and Professor Oak wants a 13 year old kid to catch one for him, what an @-hole

But the game pokemon, is hands down better than digimon games. I like digimon games, and I like the show of digimon more than pokemon, but pokemon yellow version bests them both hands down for me.

3. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Both Digimon & Pokemon games are awful, except battling with friends.

Pokemon had a good concept, and sadly stayed with it, so only a 7.5/10
    Digimon had a good concept, toyed with it (that was good), but they went too far, so 7.5/10

I'm stuck :/

4. Omnighost

Omnighost Member

I can't comment on Digimon game-wise, 'cos I never played Digimon. Digimon is cool but I think Pokemon is better! I don't Know why though! ??? :D

5. smashbrosmk

smashbrosmk Well-Known Member

Face facts. Digimon sucks. Pokemon rules.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Face facts. You're a dumb noob that cannot even explain theirself.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

the irony in that statement. lol

8. Miyu

Miyu Well-Known Member

I prefer Digimon, honestly.
    Both the games and the actual show, but I still like Pokemon.

The whole digital world & digital monsters appeal to me a lot more, and I liked the battle system better.

9. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

well you sure are confident
    Post Merge: [time]1250594727[/time]
    I like digimon better because of the story in tamers and frontier and Digimon world DS. They have way better storylines than pokemon.

10. Chdonga

Chdonga Well-Known Member

Digimon is better than Pokemon cartoonwise, the characters aren't all wimps and they're not always friends with the other digimon.The Pokemon cartoon stopped being good after Pokemon Johto, they stopped actually catching pokemon and spending an entire episode trying to become its friend. Ash's voice started to sound robotic and the new girl Ash meets each new region, he meets the same way he met Misty, Pikachu wrecks her bike and she follows Ash.The biggest reason why Digimon is better than Pokemon is because the digimon don't talk by shouting their name, and on that note, why do the pokemon shout out their human given names? Also from seeing a lot of episdes of both shows, I noticed that digimon is more racially diverse than Pokemon.

Gamewise Pokemon is better because the games seem like they can actually be beaten. The old Digimon RPGs were ok (but they are unmercifully hard) but Digimon World DS was just terrible, the special effects looked like they were from RPG Maker and the sounds sounded like they just edited a splashing sound for most of the SFX. The bosses took too long to beat. The storyline and digifarm was ok but the game was just half assed. Same with the newer Pokemon games, all games past Pokemon XD have been getting more and more kid friendly and dumbed down, I'd be fine with that if they wouldn't have overdone it. Some of the changes are for the better, but that's really just the graphics, I hate the new pokemon's cries, the new evolutions neither look nor have a cry that resembles its previous evolution.

11. shadowkin

shadowkin Member

Ill put it this way the only real reason I still like pokemon is for my porygon xD... Im training it to cause seizures in little children xD

all jokes aside, I like digimon gamewise especially with the PS games after #1 they each had a different idea to the game, they tried to mix up the game and it worked given I never tried the PS2 Digimon world game

12. ebiz1221

ebiz1221 Member

I enjoyed Digimon, I found the artwork to be more eye-catching then Pokemon. Also, Digimon's progressive plot made it more watchable.

13. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

i would have to go with digimon because pokemon is kodomo (read up on wikipedia) and kodomo sucks so i'll have to go with digimon

14. peeman10000

peeman10000 New Member

no one can beat pokemon

15. Kingo33

Kingo33 Well-Known Member

Pokemon

16. phazonruler

phazonruler New Member

i think pokemon is better than digimon

17. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I agree for the most part. Digimon does have a better storyline than Pokemon and Pokemon has WAY better games than Digimon. BTW did you ever think that the pokemons got their names because thats what we heard them say and not the other way around??

18. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

Pokémon!

19. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I prefer Digimon,they look better.
    Yes,to me looks are important.

20. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Same there, I just can't stand all this pika-pika cuteness :p