1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Diablo for PSP(PSX-PSP)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kenny6457, Jan 10, 2011.

1. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

er when i hold the r button the recovery menu doesnt show

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There should be only one seplugins folder. If the extract files are in an seplugins folder, you need to take them out of that folder and put them into the folder you created on your memory stick.

Or, just copy the extracted seplugins folder onto your memory stick without creating a folder yourself.

3. kenny6457

i did option 2 but the recovery menu wont SHOW UP

4. TirithRR

Completely power down your PSP (not just sleep mode) and then turn it on and press and hold the R button the whole time. Similar to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C_xGwQZWvM

5. kenny6457

ok now it works thanks!
    Post Merge: [time]1294628074[/time]
    and how do i choose the pops to use
    Post Merge: [time]1294630275[/time]
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?87901-Popsloader-Tutorial.
    er this one has more files then the other tutorial wth?
    Post Merge: [time]1294631647[/time]
    erm i hold the r button ingame and the popsloader thing doesnt show up
    Post Merge: [time]1294636829[/time]
    need reply....

6. TirithRR

You don't hold down R in game, you hold down R when you are starting the eboot (from the PSP menu).

7. kenny6457

i did

8. TirithRR

When you first started a PSX game that you hadn't played on your PSP before, did a black screen menu with a selection show up?

9. kenny6457

no...wait does it mean i havent played before or games it hasnt been played on?

10. TirithRR

A game that has never been played on your PSP. You may have played it somewhere else, even on another PSP, but on that particular PSP, the PSX game has yet to be played.

The first time you start a PSX game on a PSP with properly installed and enabled POPSloader, it will ask you what version of POPS you want to use to start the game. It will then remember that selection for that game only, and use that selection each time you start that game. In order to change the selection after the fact, you have to hold R down while starting the game to bring up the selection menu again.

This is true for all PSX games you run on your PSP with popsloader. Each one remembers what you selected for that particular game and remembers it.

If the menu doesn't appear when starting a game for the first time or when starting again while holding "R" then the plugin is not installed or enabled correctly. Go to the recovery menu (Hold "R" while turning on your PSP) and go to the "Plugins" menu and make sure Popsloader is Enabled. Then Exit, and it will save the settings.

11. kenny6457

by installing do you mean putting the files/foloders into the SEPLUGINS folder?
    um what if i delete all my diablo info rom and save*even though i cant get past load*

12. TirithRR

Yes, by Install I mean all the files placed in the proper location. Deleting the game probably won't help, I think the problem is your plugin is not installed/enabled correctly.

13. kenny6457

um did u see the link i posted on the other page?
    if so go to it and why does it have more files than the one you posted?

14. TirithRR

How many files does the one you posted have (I assume you downloaded it, right?).

My version of popsloader I have is made for 5.00 M33-6 I think the popsloader.prx plugin file is not the same as the one you need for 5.50 Gen-D. But anyway, my popsloader folder has 68 files in it from the previous firmwares pops. The one I linked to you has 65. Probably just doesn't have one of the firmware versions, or some unneeded files from mine were removed.

The plugin file (popsloader.prx) is still there, and the popsloader folder containing all the pops files is correct.

15. kenny6457

it had like 100 files in total....
    so whats not making it work?

16. TirithRR

The popsloader plugin is not in the correct location, is not made for the 5.50 Gen D program, or is not enabled (or some combination of these).

Which plugin did you use? The one in my link or the one in your link? Did you Enable the plugin from the plugin directory in the Recovery Menu?

17. kenny6457

the one in yours and yes i went to advanced config and config and put em on

18. TirithRR

Are you on GEN-D3?

19. kenny6457

20. TirithRR

Update to GEN-D3 and see if it works.