1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dfgdfgd

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Canoso777, Apr 23, 2010.

1. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Re: DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL and Now 3DS!? Will you buy it?

The DS has only 1 512MB Game
    But the 3DS biggest size flashcard is 2 GB
    So some might take up a lot of that space.

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Actually it has 3 512MB Games ::)

Ontopic: I've got a DS, a DSlite, a DSi, I won't buy a DSiXL but I'm definitely gonna buy a 3DS.

3. coldasfire

coldasfire Member

i'll be getting it when 3DS Lite is released and/or when it's hacked.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

There's no guarantee the same route will be taken with the 3DS as with the DS. It seems the 3DS will already be the size of the normal sized DSi or the Lite. I think it will be near impossible to make it smaller without removing features.

5. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

See, this is the same with the ipod, I bought a 4th generation nano for 150 dollars, then a few months later I hear of a nano with a radio, and camera for 145 dollars, thats why I don't buy ipods anymore and I probrably wont buy the 3DS.

6. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Yea right, and when you see people play the game that you love on 3DS, I bet that you will go and get one ;D

7. Zero1919

Zero1919 Member

I like how the whole DS evolution chain makes it look like the 3DS is just another mild change. It's going to be hard for Nintendo to convince those who are mislead otherwise. :/

8. LuckyTrouble77

Anybody who even does an ounce of research will know that DS just stands for "Dual Screens". In the end, the DS isn't exactly an original name, but it's to the point. The 3DS will be 3D and will have DS (Dual Screens), so they just mashed it together.

Basically, anybody who believes this will just be another minor improvement to the normal DS or the DSi should probably just pop 3DS into Google and read one or two of the links that pop up. The screen shots from games alone should be enough of a heads up that this isn't just a minor improvement.

9. XeNo - A.K.A Steelez

XeNo - A.K.A Steelez Well-Known Member

How is 2GB the Max size? As far as I can remeber didn't they say "at launch" that 2GB would be the size used for a 3DS game cart. Haven't seen any information that states otherwise of it being its maximum size.

10. LuckyTrouble77

I was wondering where that info came from too, though lots of info about the 3DS has been released by Nintendo. We can consider this logically though and see if that assumption would make sense.

Nintendo goes for a "our stuff is less expensive than their stuff" image. The larger the carts get in memory, the more and more expensive it will be to manufacture and distribute them. We can also consider the fact that Gamecube games aren't especially large, probably around 1.5GB on average, and these games will be like Gamecube games in terms of content and capability.

On the outside, it would make sense to assume that games would be around the same size, probably somewhat smaller on average, thus making 2GB a reasonable assumption for a dead maximum even if it wasn't confirmed.

Now, this: http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

There is a beautiful button called features that shows: 2GB limit at launch

So the size may eventually increase, but any games at launch will stay in that 2GB limit.

11. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

There ARE flashcards for the DSi, but that's all.
    Nobody has managed to actually put homebrew on the DSi.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If it has lots of internal memory and great downloadable games I will maybe be buying it.

If it has a shitmemory of 256 MB and not many great downloadable games then no.

12. LuckyTrouble77

The DSi would have quickly been hacked having safeguards probably somewhat similar to the Wii. The thing is, nobody cares to hack the DSi, as it isn't worth it. It can't do anything spectacular once hacked, it's already so late in the cycle that the 3DS will be here come next year, and there isn't a high demand for full hacks.

For the first thing I said, to be more clear: It's a Nintendo 3rd model of the same generation of hand held. Except for an interface change and the addition of features that rarely get used for anything useful, the DSi isn't packing much more than a normal DS in terms of worth of hacking.

Anyways, I'm sure somebody could easily hack it if they wanted to, but nobody does.

The 3DS will probably have poor internal memory to make you go buy a Nintendo brand SD card specifically for it. I'm sure the carts will still have on board memory though and won't make it rely on the system for saving data. Maybe the 3DS will have the virtual console store too. It would be very possible for it, so why not?

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Nobody?

Acutally people DO care. It's just that there is no Homebrew Channel yet so people can't make homebrew.
    http://www.hackmii.com/category/dsi
    See that to see the progress. I think they won't post alot more, though.

14. LuckyTrouble77

They should give another update to hint that they're still working on it if they are. The last post about the DSi was in September of last year, and the most recent post was about something completely unrelated to Nintendo as a whole.