1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dfgdfgd

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Canoso777, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Re: DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL and Now 3DS!? Will you buy it?

Or you could get some money back and sell everything but the DS and DSi and buy the 3DS.

2. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

^Its hard to part with a system you've love for years right? I'd rather share them with loved ones. hehehe cheesy eh?

3. futunhan

futunhan New Member

The new technology is unavoidable, also, i believe nintendo is trying to strike psp market (since many people complained about the graphic of DS, so they're gonna provide a 3D technology to cover those creepy graphic?). The only thing is will nintendo still at the top position of the portable console war? we should wait untill june and see what nintendo gonna present to us.

Hackable or not maybe not a big concern at the moment. It's really depends what kind of the system of the console. PS3 should be a great example, you may consider it was hackable or unhackable. if you could make a copy by your self, remember, cost of the Blu-ray Disc is too high! if you downloaded the game, the file is tooooooooo large (6-25gb)! If 3DS is still using cartridge system, i believe it's hackable!

We may not know the anwser yet, just wait untill E3 on june. Maybe they will surprise us? who knows?

4. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

It better have better specs than the psp...

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Correct grammar: I just bought an Acekard2i with a DSi. ;)

B2T:
    I think I'll buy 3DS, 3D is awesome ;D

6. Xion77

Xion77 New Member

It seems cool, but I don't have the money. I could care less about the 3d but the better graphics are a must have for me. If it can't be hacked then I won't buy it. Games are high. Handheld's are expensive. I'm poor. :'(

I bet the 3DS will still play DS games to but if the cartridges are different then the same thing will happen with the DS & GBA games: the games will become so popular that they will stop making DS games. We don't even know if the 3DS will still cartridges. Until it comes out we won't know what will happen.

7. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

Nintendo is basically making us buy this if we want to play the new games that coming out in 3d. This sucks so much.

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The 3DS isn't just 3D. The GPU is so much stronger that neither a DS or a DSi could ever run the 3DS games with or without 3D.

People are focusing far too much on the 3D, and not on the other vast improvements that they've made when compared to the original DS and the DSi.

9. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yep
    It can hold games up to 2 GigaBytes Big
    While the largest DS Games is 512 Mega Bytes
    Also If I get a 3DS, I won't use the 3D most of the time

10. LuckyTrouble77

The 3D does seem like it would take up a lot of power. I would probably only use it on games that just wouldn't be the same without it (ie: 3DS specific games, not really remakes).

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I may use 3D is some games.
    But even games that look cool in 3D are still great in 2D.
    Also 3D annoys me.

12. Zero1919

Zero1919 Member

According to what I read, the DS had no specific GPU hardware, but the 3DS will. That fact alone will immensely increase the graphical possibilities. I bought the original DS on release and upgraded to the DS Lite for the lighting options. The DSi was more for casual gamers, and the XL was, well, XL. But this 3DS is going to M-azing, definitely saving up for it. (Also, MGS on the DS? I'm not passing that up.)

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i, for one, won't buy it unless it gets hacked.....

14. Zero1919

Zero1919 Member

Even if it gets hacked (which would most likely take an incredible amount of time) the probable size of the files would be so large that you'd need to constantly switch out games on your micro-SD or buy a micro-SD card with a very large storage.

15. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well the Max Size of a 3DS games is 2GB
    So if you got a 16GB MicroSD you could fit around 10 Games
    If you had a 2GB Micro SD you could only fit 1 or maybe 2 games.

16. LuckyTrouble77

I could work with one or two games at a time. It wouldn't be so bad since these games will be large with a lot of substance.

17. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Same here
    Also if you wanted to play another game you could just put a game on your computer with it's save file and delete it from your MicroSD

18. Zero1919

Zero1919 Member

I guess it might just be people like me, then. I usually have 15 ~ 20 games at once since I like having a large selection in one place to fit what I feel like playing.

Yeah, that's what I meant by switching out games.

19. LuckyTrouble77

Plus, with the size of the games, it would take much longer to download than a normal DS game. It will be a tad more time consuming getting multiple games quickly.

20. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

3ds does use cartriges i saw picture of slot and games will be less than 2gb a 2gb game probably wont be made the ds only has one 512 mb game ill buy it a flashcard will be made in probably 2-3 months and ill have enough money for 16gb micro sd hc and there will be tonnes of emulators (then ill play with charlie the unicorn and my robot unicorn). my opinion
    Post Merge: [time]1278700457[/time]
    (my first avatr in the 2 years ive been on this site)