1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dfgdfgd

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Canoso777, Apr 23, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Re: DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL and Now 3DS!? Will you buy it?

I'm tempted to pick this up at some point, due to the fact that I have yet to buy a DS since my DS phat back in 2004 (excluding the lite that was recently given to me). I really enjoy the progression of the hand held systems though.

Gameboy -> NES
    Gameboy Color -> NES+ (just a bit better than the NES, not quite SNES though)
    Gameboy Advance -> SNES+
    DS -> N64

And now the 3DS is supposed to have a processor that will graphically put it on par with the Gamecube. Nintendo really knows how to make a solid gaming hand held device and to keep making it worth your money to buy the next major upgrade.

2. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

well i just bought a dsi too. yes i'll buy the 3ds but i'll have to wait for it to get hacked ^-^

3. melleopberg

melleopberg Well-Known Member

It 's gonna get hacked you know that.

4. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

If it's a concept that works and NOT THE SAME HANDEHEL WITH A DIFFERENT TRINKET.(Like the DSi and DSi XL)

Probably. But I heard somewhere that these 3D without glasses can strain your eyes.

5. Mein

Mein Well-Known Member

Hackable, then yeah.

6. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

ill buy the 3DSi XL.

7. drteletubbie

drteletubbie Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't think I'm gonna bother buying...I'm going to buy an Iphone since my phone is close to death

8. Jett.

Jett. New Member

No, I'm pretty happy with my DSLite. He's doin' well. Maybe I buy a 3DS if my nintendo is broken.

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I think it would be a great idea to buy it. But if it's games are on par with the GameCube size-wise also, RomUlation is gonna have to do something about increasing the server size!

It also has force feedback.
    Force feedback means rumble for effect, like when you attack someone, it rumbles in the spot where you have attacked. COOL.
    I'm wondering how the 3d joystick works out. maybe a touch joystick with the parallax barrier LED screen that would also make it 3D, like most phones in Japan. This isn't new technology to the Japanese!

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

There will still be a size limit on the games because of the fact that they need to fit in a hand held device in a DS card casing (backwards compatibility unless they plan on putting the DS card slot elsewhere). It will be able to have a lot more done with it though, so files will probably be closer to around 200mb on the lower end.

11. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

After reading all that I just realize why they came out with the other stations similar to playstation 2. The reason for things like XL & Lite was so they can fund the next project, its probably the reason why they come out with something better. 3DS is like Gameboy Color to Advance and the only way your going to get there is by money, intelligence and idea. Also its not really 3DS just Wii with Wii Remote Plus and a 3d game[which most games are in 3d].

Basically its like moving the camera around in your ds [Not really new]

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, XL was just a cash grab, Lite was a re imagining of the original DS design (like the GBASP). Nintendo has more than enough money to do whatever they want to do. If you haven't noticed, they have always been make a profit with the DS and the Wii. Combine that with sales numbers, WHA.

No it's 3DS, it has better graphics (safe to assume near GC quality graphics), some sort of joystick, it has force feedback, it has tilt sensors built into the system and it's able to project 3D images (like movies, hence the name, 3DS) without the glasses.

If the 3D uses the same tech as the TVs without glasses, then it's going to be a sure fire hit. The TVs are not, the 3Dtvs without the glasses have an extremely narrow vision radius, so if you look at it at certain angles, it's just a blur. Although if used with conjunction with either a camera facing the user's face, and the tilt sensor, it can be used so the player always has the 3D image. If not, well you can always tilt the handheld to make the desired effect. That being said, I doubt EVERY game will use the 3D.

No, it's not.

13. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

Aren't games already in 3D I mean if you put in that force feedback your just getting a different point of view, but that means there are going to be different games for 3DS unless its like the Wii where you can play ds and 3DS also for all those who us emulators are going to have a hard time using it

14. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

What are you basing that on?

15. gustavo cig

gustavo cig New Member

i am going to buy a 3DS,even if it is just a small upgrade,it's still worth

16. Canoso777

Canoso777 Well-Known Member

Just Think In This.... Yes There Will be A Flashcart, But If the Game Graphics Are Just Like GameCube, Come One!!! It Would be Max 1 GB, And Minimun 100mb Each Game!!
    It Would Be So Hard To Download Thousands Of Games.... But in a 8GB Memory You Would Only play like 20 Games, That You Can Play 20 DS Games with a 2GB Memory!!
    Think In that....

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Track record, Nintendo's handhelds are a generation behind in terms of graphics. GB -> Black and White NES; GBC -> NES - ish; GBA -> SNES; DS -> N64; 3DS -> GC.

Also, given that, oh hey, DS graphics can only get better, wat no wai.

NO, 3D as in images coming towards you. Not 3D graphics, 3D images coming towards you, and all that.

Force feedback =/= motion control. Force Feed back is rumble.

18. leonx3000

leonx3000 Member

It will take a year or two maybe for the 3DS to come out in the USA and then it will take some more time for something like a flash card to be made which works. So by the time it's all out and ready where I live, I will probably buy it. Also because it's a whole new handheld which should play new games, although I will probably wait a bit longer to see if there is an even newer vesion like the DS Lite was to the DS or the DSI XL was to the DSI.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

http://kotaku.com/5520741/report-nintendos-new-3d-portable-hits-this-october

20. leonx3000

leonx3000 Member

It comes out in English this soon? Oh snap....... I will still buy it though........ eventually.