1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dementium 2

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kieran-123, Apr 21, 2010.

1. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

thank you :)

2. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Is this game any better than the first one?
    Dementium 1 had a great atmosphere, but the game design sucked so hard. Enter room -> Destroy closet-loving respawning enemies -> find the SINGLE UNLOCKED DOOR -> Repeat ad infinitum. Where are the branching paths, secrets, puzzles, backtracking, keys and locked doors, progressive design?

So much potential down the drain... If the second one's anything like that, I'll gladly pass.

3. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Well if you've bothered to read the past few pages you'd know it's WAY better than the first.
    It's a whole lot less repetitive.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

This game is incredible. It is a pretty huge improvement from the first one.

5. kieran-123

i think i missed the nail gun were was it??
    oh well i dont think it will matter to much :)

6. Yutrzenika

Right before you pass through the cave leading outside, there's a door in the same room covered in vines, but in order to get past the vines you need to get the Flame Thrower which is acquired later on.

7. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

yay i'm on chapter 4. i always play this game at 12 midnight alone in my room lol

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You can beat this game really easily in just a few hours. My cleared file was just over 3 hours personally.

9. kieran-123

done....
    i have now completed it
    dam i really want to play D3 now...
    theres got to be one :)

10. Yutrzenika

They should make a MOON 2 First. Or that Maximilian game they previewed ages ago.

11. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

I was kinda in a rush when I wrote that post... sorry 'bout that =P

But yeah, I've played about an hour or more of it and they've improved on almost everything that was lacking in D1. It's much more playable and enjoyable. This game is what the original should have been in the first place.

12. Kronat

Kronat Well-Known Member

I think I get the end! I've been thinking about it....:

*spoiler*
    After the last boss you walk to a window, right? You move your hand, and so does the Doctor. You move your head, so does he. Then the Doctor gets you and pulls you trough the window. I think you and he are one and the same person, but he (they) are not 100% in the head (lol)...

13. crimson089

oh i'm done. i was a little upset that it only took 5 chapters to complete the game. there's really a lot of improvements from its predecessor and i still couldn't believe i was playing a ds game lol. i want a sequel right now hahah

14. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

lol, i'm stuck on that bit where the invisible ghosts are following you. :( I gave up on this game

15. Yutrzenika

You gave up on the game entirely because of the black ghosts? Really? They're insanely easy to avoid. I'm sorry, but if you gave up the game because of that part, that's kinda, well, no offense, sad.

16. kieran-123

so u think a *good* and *bad* versions of you??
    because if you notice all the post cards through the game are signed William...
    but dont you play as William??

17. crimson089

black ghosts?? i just use the mysterious relic to push them away. don't give up with dementium 2, it's too short to give up lol. my cousin also gave up with this, HE is not used to survival horror games when it's the genre i enjoy most.

18. nagyimetal

nagyimetal Member

Does soemone know how to use the crack for the game?
    I know that it isn't the correct topic, but I don't wanted to open a new only for this...

19. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

I'm already at 3:51 hrs. playing this game and I'm still a little bit scared especially during the boss fight with his wife. I'm playing this game more like 30 minutes per day. I will eventually end this game, I'm just happy it's short! ;)

20. Kronat

Kronat Well-Known Member

I think the Doctors name may be William. He's dreaming about an operation while he's in a house for weirdo's (forgot how you call that). After he murdered his wife and daughter he was brought there. He was examined by a doctor, but in his head it was an evil doctor. I think it's a sort of dream... It's interresting to find out the story, maybe you can help?