1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Deaths in an anime?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by sinnoh2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

Death Note Spoiler! - It was really sad wen L died.
    This was just like unesscearry why did they do it?
    Have deaths in anime really made you mad and you just couldn't stand it?
    Discuss!
    -Don't forget the spoiler tag! and the name of the anime Ty sylar-

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Might be good to mention what anime you're spoiling

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

And thus, the increase in views.

Yin's "Death" at the epilogue of DTB GoTM. No one exactly knew what happened. Whether she actually died or not.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No it wasn't L's death was pivotal in catching Kira.

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

It was necessary. It's an anime about killing off people, of course one of the most important characters will end up dying.

I can't really think of a death that's annoyed me, I watch decent animu so it's usually pulled off rather well and logically.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Nia-chan should have lived so I could get my perfect ending plus.

Goddamnit.

7. Armed

Armed Well-Known Member

I personally think the story should end when L's dead. It marked Raito's victory and Kira's power. So what if it's considered a sad ending? Giving a happy ending to Death Note felt like it's Disney story. Nate's story arc were just too weird for me since Raito felt to be dumber than he was earlier. I know that it was supposed to felt that way to show that Nate's a lot smarter than L, but the way the story solving goes it didn't feel that Nate's smarter but it felt Raito's degraded. =_=a I always thought that Death Note ended when L's dead and Nate's story was a spin off. I'm too disappointed with the continuation.

But a character's death I really hated was:
    Shishio Gen from Kekkaishi (manga & anime) and Tidus from Final Fantasy X (PS2).

Gen died too soon in the story. I prefer someone else died rather than Gen in that part of the story. Maybe Yoshimori's Granddad or Tokine's Grandma or someone. Or if Gen really have to died, wait till the Kokuburou arc. This is a personal disappointment I guess since I'm Gen's fan, but really, he died too soon! I believe killing Gen would only decrease it's female reader eventho I know it's a shounen manga but still some girls willing to read it if there's a female attraction chara in it. And for me, it's Gen.

Tidus' death is just feel like... I don't know, having a ghost to help us in returning the world in order is just so... desperate. What the heck happened to the living people?? I know it may be a sarcasm toward how people nowadays are so weak when compared to our ancestors, but if you only need 10 heroes in this world, I'm sure you can find them between 10 million people alive. C'mon people, it's not that desperate if you're really trying!