1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Death penalty

Discussion in 'Debates' started by atmizi69, Apr 19, 2009.

1. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I'm not. I would find life-sentences preferable, but I working under the assumption that the debate when I posted in the thread was "your country's current system, or the death penalty. Which is better?". Life imprisonment (meaning permanent imprisonment for the duration of the prisoners' life) with the chance to appeal reasonably regularly would be better than the death penalty (so long as the conditions within prison aren't so comfortable as to mock the fact that the inmates are supposedly being punished).

2. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Live free or die. If i had a choice between life in prison or death i would choose death. What is life where you have no life?

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

life in prison isn't that bad in Belgium

4. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Yeah, you get a playstation to play with while you're in there.

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

You do in England if you behave.
    You also get internet(monitored obviously), education and courses my friend came out a qualified gym instructor, Free use of the gym dammit i have to pay! free food, help getting a job when you get out whilst the millions of unemployed get nothing.
    I think it should be a 4ft room and bread and water once a day if you behave, and you are only let out once a day for 12 hours hard labour.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you have to behave to get a playstation? I thought it was a 'human right' in this country

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I wonder if my mate has a playstation? http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2007/08/07/prison-guard-drug-dealer-snorted-coke-off-friend-s-head-115875-19581307/
    Been a former prison warden he will get privelages I reckon.

8. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

i was watching cowboy bebop last night and an old shaman man had a ps1 in his desert hut lol. i laughed at how obvious it was.