1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dbz or naruto

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by dhanash, Nov 4, 2008.

1. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

wah!? even an android (complete cell) can destroy the nine tails beast... >.<

with all the powers of the DBZ characters up until that point... he could take out every nin from naruto...

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Pros & cons for both:

Dragonball franchise Pro - uber violence, especially the O.V.A.s that was what most older Dragonball fans like myself loved about the franchise.

Con - the story is so Tres lame, really admit it Dragonball's selling point is just the violence.

Naruto Pros - Characters are well rounded & all have balanced abilities, some may have uber skills but there's no uber guy whose ridiculously uber.

The story is good.

Cons: I'm still thinking of some...

But in all seriousness, really guys Naruto doesn't have a chance against Dragonball, the match up isn't fair & equal. That's why I put forward "Flame of Recca" because both have similar storylines, Ninjas & their clan arts & there are no uber characters there. Another Anime of the same theme, ninjutsu I think would be a good match for Naruto is "Nintama Rantarou", although that is a kid's anime though.

[​IMG]

Also what I like about Rantarou is that the show actually teaches you "the real" ninja arts. By real ninja arts what I mean are actual stealth attacking techniques that ninjas actually did, no fancy fictitious summons or elemental chakra arts, just real techniques like making good disguises or using real weapons or scaling walls & walking on water.

3. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Cahos, have you seen Basilisk? I think that is more comparable to Naruto. I love Basilisk...also uber violence.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Nope, I haven't is it THAT violent, on that note the most violent Anime that's kinda ecchi I've ever seen so far is Elfen Lied, which is kinda like an uber violent ecchi parody of Chobits

[​IMG]

Here's a youtube video of it... err forget about the Linkin Park song the uploader used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WIN8QXpv0k

SICK!!!

5. grimsim1

I actually have the Elfen Lied series. Basilisk isn't as violent but its a pretty brutal and it is a serious ninja anime. It's really good. Check it out.

6. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

hehehe.. DBZ for the WIN!, where else can you find a character that can destroy a planet using his bare hands?

7. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

dbz wins i mean they fly away and blast the earth that simple

8. makewin2

makewin2 Member

you mean they fly away, charge up for a few days then blow up the earth?

both manga's are great but DBZ would win the fight, unless they put out the short bald guy.

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I guess all the Hokages together would be enough to reduce the DBZ characters to ashes. :p

10. grimsim1

plus all the Jinchiriku (dunno if that's how you spell it) including the Kyubi would totally rape DBZ characters :)

11. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

and if they freed any buji than that would be more than enuf

12. neosarcs

neosarcs Member

I'd have to say Naruto is best; However I don't think he would be the one doing all the butt kicking. the Kages, Rock Lee, Sasuke and Neji will be doing the owning.

13. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Face it, DBZ Would Easly win, and "IF" they were too loose, Remeber "IF". Bulma and the Gang would just pop out of nowere and use the 7Dragonballs that she carries in her perse and with them all back to life. Also she would then wish all the Naruto peeps to be ultra weak so, its a win eather way

DBZ Wins, Period !!

14. giraykayan

giraykayan New Member

naruto characters is best best best!!

15. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

not if naruto summons bunta(the realy big toad if im not spelling his name right) and cuts the dragon in half, and besides that the dragon balls wont work any way if Piccolo is dead

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Are there any Naruto Characters who can move faster than a speed of sound, therefore creating loud sonic booms when they collide with their enemies? No!

Are there any Naruto Characters who can & are willing enough to destroy an entire planet &/or Galaxy? No

Therefore Naruto gets pwned by Dragonball Z

17. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

Viewers Choice
    The majority answers are pretty much obvious.It gotta be Naruto.

Reason 1. Animations which doesn't make the audience bored.Unlike DBZ with loads of talking, and exageration and suspense is too much.

Reason 2. One of the major internet streaming anime.

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Dragonball doesn't have that many "conversational" scenes, okay the ones when Goku was still a kid had plenty, but the Z series sagas didn't.

Plus Dragonball's major selling point was all the blood, gore & violence which was at the time Dragonball was airing was something new & people love that, me included.

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

most people love Dragon Ball Z is because of the fighting, who doesnt like super human warrior that can move at the speed of light and shooting fireball fighting another super human warrior?

Back in Dragon Ball, the comedy is more then the fighting (pre-piccolo saga) and the fighting isnt as breath taking as Dragon ball Z while they are trying to replicate in Dragon Ball GT baby saga which fail totally. then later in Super 17 and Evil Dragon saga they try to replicate Dragon Ball Z theme which fail as well.

anyway Dragon Ball Z is way batter then Naruto in theme of fighting anime, in theme for ninja anime, Rantarou is much better then Naruto.

btw I love Elfen Lied

20. sasukedude

sasukedude Member

oh shit you asking me that well naruto maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cause i do not know DBZ i i know is they blow up them self and do fire balls but DBZ is better when it come the video games