1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Damn bus service ;_;

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Aiiko, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

So there was an accident on the road near my college making the traffic quite horrendous and disorganised. Meaning the buses would also be running late-fine by me. I left home early so I wouldn't be late and thanks to the disorganisation of the bus service I end up being very, very late -_-

My normal bus goes straight past the stop despite four people trying to flag it down. The next few buses are from other services so I can't use them (had my bus pass, forgot my damn purse). Finally a bus arrives, it has no number but it has the destination details of a bus I regularly use. Turns out it was a completely different bus -_- The sign thingy stopped working and they used a cardboard sign to say the real details-but it fell off and no one put it back up >_<

The driver completely ignores me when we get stuck in traffic for about fifteen minutes (either ignorant or deaf) but when I finally get off I have to wait for another bus in the freezing cold which won't go by my college, but it will stop outside of a street near my home.

By this time it's realistically too late for me to go college (due to the time and after disembarking it's another fifteen minute walk to the building) so I just opt to go back home. Even though I get a day off it's extremely irritating that I can't get to college thanks to a goddamn disorganised service and an ignorant driver. Funnily enough I only have two lessons today.

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I hate buses too... join my army.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Walk?
    Run?
    Bike?
    Get a car?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

2 hour walks like me are great excercises...just to get to train station...

Run-only if I see a bus actually on time.

Bike-gave that up

Car-if there is parking and is easy to get to.

...this sounds like connex...if the bus driver didn't stop, I did hope you pressed the button...

If you did, and they didn't stop, you have a right to complain, if they have a good reason, then sit down and shut up...if not...

[me=hYpNoS]brandishes box cutter[/me]

I go postal and the bus becomes mine...

Re-enactment of speed anyone?

5. cooper_06

cooper_06 Member

I'm never taking the bus. Ever.

Seriously though, that sounds like a horrible day. My college only allows so many absences, and then they put you on probation or kick you out (I can't remember which). I usually end up catching a ride with someone who goes there, and call a ride to get back.

I probably would help you hYpNos, but screw box cutters, let's up the ante. Find something big and pointy, or simply bluff your way through.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking realisically of what I would have on me.

But I'd probably do what I do when trams break down and just walk...

I don't mind the walks-it's the one's waiting for me that dislike it...

They forget I'm an adult, thus a bad side of having parents...and yet they dislike picking me up.

7. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I'm riding a bus everyday on my way to school. I could go on foot, but I would be always late :p
    I hate it when elderly people are pushing everyone on their way to exit :p Why do they even ride a bus at this early hours? They are retired, so they should sleep till noon, and don't piss everyone around them off! Also, getting stuck in traffic is soo irritating... I'm late for school, and those god-damn teachers don't understand, that I would be on time, if I could! Easy for them, cuz they ride cars to work... My parents usually don't pick me up, cuz they "have no time" -_- I'm planning to get a motorbike... ::)

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

6 hours bus ride is a pain in the ass, seriously

9. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I use a bus about once every 3 years.I travel everywhere by Taxi

10. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

I could walk there but I'd probably be late. Besides the weather has been extremely crappy and need a replacement umbrella >_< Plus there is a rather painful, steep hill involved. I'm actually pretty fit but even so that hill takes a lot out of me. Then there is the road that hasn't been designed properly so the traffic lights aren't quite in sync with each other, hence the accident...

It was the fact that I caught the bus with Bus X details on the front, then it turns out to be Bus Y :mad:

11. cooper_06

cooper_06 Member

But hYpNoS, why do you carry around box cutters?

Anyways, I think I took a bus once, but my friends don't believe me. Riding a bus is annoying when you have a long way to go and the people on it are noisy. Do you really have to make a shouting match in the middle of a moving deathtrap while we are packed together like sardines?

I feel sorry for you Aiiko; if there was anything we could do to help, besides driving you there, we would think about it and get back to you.

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I know that public transport is sh*t!
    Look, for me to go to school I take a train and a bus. (I can take two busses but train is faster)

Normally my bus should come at 7:52 but ALWAYS it comes at 7:46 => 7:50

So if I take the later train...

13. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

You sounded like one of those "Green" ads until you said 'Get a car?' ^_^

14. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i only ever use a bus if the weather is too bad, theres 1 every 10 minutes where i live so i never miss one.
    i just run everywhere, half marathon in 1hr 20 no problem(with gumshield in ;) )

15. tails100

tails100 Active Member

Oh look a cardboard sign fell off..... what a disaster.

16. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Generally I cycle everywhere, but obviously when it's a long journey I have to resort to bus or train and I hate getting the bus!

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

sound like everyday life in malaysia.

18. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

you should move to Hawaii, buses every 10-15 minutes

19. ndsrom-peach

ndsrom-peach Well-Known Member

oh well I dont use bus I always go to school by walking since my house is too too tooo close to my house.

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yeah, you'd think that your house would be too far away from your house, but nope, it's really close.