1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Damn americans mutating our language !

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Girogex, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonanite

Moonanite Member

Your people will get credit when you develop your own system of language not adapted from Roman or Germanic culture.

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Lol, Moonanite, you are win.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

other countries get credit for creating languages when in fact all languages are derived from the same sources.

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I agree, all modern languages are bastardised from older languagues most of which are now unspoken or lost, chaldean and sanskrit are two which are sources for many of todays languages, chadean is lost as a spoken language, and sanskrit experts happily admit it draws from languages older than it. It could be that languages that incorperate click and whistle sounds such as swahili may draw inspiration from extremely early developments in human language.

Personally I like how languages develop over time, I have no problem with American English, the variations of English around the world represent a rich and interesting history not just of language itself but of trade and movement of peoples. Oddly the French have rules about what you can and cannot do with French in France. You can actually be prosecuted for misusing the language.

5. northofpolaris

northofpolaris Well-Known Member

In America, when the language is misused, linguists study it! Then we get labeling like AAE (African American English) and HE or LAE (Hispanic or Latin American English).

6. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

got to love the magical tree of bastardisation:
    start with 1 language and keep on branching, bastardising and labeling.

God/Allah/Buddha/Satan bless Earth and the excessive hypocrisy of those who inhabit her!

7. marafi

marafi Well-Known Member

The britians speak how they want to. And the americans speak how they want too. Though i am abit annoyed in how they play american football that is more or less Ruby for British people just without the protection.. honstely Ruby is voilent so is american football why have the protection is be on the reason! grrr ah well.. I love the words sod off and bite me.. lol

8. Loonylion

also the stupidity of calling a game football when most of the time you aren't using your feet.

9. northofpolaris

Well, I don't see a rug full of bees.

*badum tsh

10. Loonylion

It's named after the town where it was invented, actually.

11. northofpolaris

Apparently, American football is a mish mash of rugby and associated football.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This leaves me totally and utterly speechless.

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yeah. I don't fully hate America, but saying it's the greatest country is a huge huge huge huge huge huge huge huge over statement. No country is better than another.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's a stereo typical statment to assume that america think's it's the best...but all signs point true.

I'm sick of american tv shows showing australia abundant with kangaroos, beers and that dam steve irwin accent.

Except for the beer-it's all wrong.

...it's the beer causing troubles all other nations never complain about.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

There's a lot of things wrong with America. Well not all wrong, but could use a lot of improvements. Like health care, the voting system, the government, money hungry senators, patriot act, etc etcccccccccccccc

There's problems, I could argue that Canada is a better country but naaaahhh. All countries have their strong points and weak points. That's why there's no country that's better than the other.

That doesn't mean one country is better than every other country.

Like yeah, I prefer Canada over America, but I'm not saying that it's better or greater than America.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

She's on america as a whole ie what tv shows.

Unfortunatly it outweighs the opinions of the nation who actually aren't stereo typical.

Sad fate.

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Huh? I'm not talking about the people in America, I'm talking about America as a nation. Also saying that a people of a country is better than another people in the other just doesn't check out. :\

I don't even understand what your first statement even means.

I didn't even say a single stereo typical thing either.

18. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

topic like this will create a war between UK and US.... please stop this anyone!!!

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...as I said to many users-what makes sence to me makes less sence to anyone else :(

Well, what I was saying is that yes-you are on about the nation-databank was on about the people.

How did I get my views-TV.

Tv shows the leaders saying all this crap about how great it is-which it may or may not be-but it's annoying...

What I was saying was tv doesn't show the people IN america that may actuall hate the place from the inside.

There is only a canadian and an Aussie complaining here.

Also-alot of people here in aus (not everyone) are sick of america's attitude as well...

Our troops are stuck in iraq because of our allengience.

We want them back :(

(and when I say stereo typical-I'm on about disliking america-other than them...who likes them-am I correct?-just saying-my warped view again)

20. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

just wait until someone mock others with offensive word..it happens in some forum before,not same but similiar...6 people were banned because of that...[permanently] including the topic maker...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.