1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Damn americans mutating our language !

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Girogex, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I'm really pissed at the Americans they went from English people to Americans and in the process they decided "hey lets piss off the British and change their words" not that I have anything against Americans its just do they understand how long it takes to develop a language plus when people in other countries not all of them when they thing of English they USA.

When do my people get credit !

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Right... You are angry at Americans for getting our language wrong but you messed up your grammar in that...
    And yes since there are more Americans than English some people with poor general knowledge will think of America when they first hear of our language. Not like it really matters, in the future our languages will change again anyway...

3. tenchan4

tenchan4 Well-Known Member

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

???????????????????????????????

whats so special about english

5. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Excuse me for typing fast

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Excuse the Americans for speaking how they want.

See what I mean?

7. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Haha, this topic is made of fail.

Oh and I'm an American that likes to use words such as "color", "favorite", "analog", and "centimeter" just because I can.

Before you can criticize me Girogex, work on your grammar first before making an ass out of yourself. Thanks.

8. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Atleast its still English...and not Engrish (yet?)

9. Femke-

Femke- New Member

Hehe funny topic ;) I'm a student of English at university and we have to choose British or American at the beginning of our freshman year, British English still overrules AmE! About 10% of the people go for AmE. I'm in the Netherlands BTW, so the UK is the closest contact with the English language we've got.

10. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

i like british english with the accent but most companies here in our country mostly accepts american english, maybe because of it more easier to understand

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

They sound the same. Your country must not be too bright to believe that, only a few spellings are different really.
    e.g- Colour and Color

12. Naeloth

Naeloth New Member

The U.S. English thing can be more annoying for us Brits than you might think. For example I was at a tourist attraction in Northumberland the other day and they had separate tourist guides for Americans. naturally i was curious and wanted to see what the difference was. As i looked through i noticed that all the long words were spelled phonetically. Draw your own conclusion from that, just don't complain when WE complain about the Americans ruining our language, only WE are allowed to ruin it. ;D

Also when you ask what makes our language so special? It is in fact the most widely spoken language in the world.

13. 2326846

2326846 New Member

I am an American and I know where your point is coming from. The English language is in fact being ruined.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Most Americans have trouble understanding my 'accent' when I'm in America. The thing is, I don't have an accent, compared to people like my parents (northerners).

15. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Well I'm sorry it's just I don't hate Americans for speaking how they want just don't act like you're the god of the English language please.

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Well, it's called slang. Every country has slang, and you can't change that. So everyone has a different way of speaking.

17. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Y u sayin engy langs been klld 4?
    engish is fin, nutn rong wit it.

ok seriously as an Australian I can slightly empathize, we actually use "proper" English as opposed to the American English, things such as colour and color (the latter being used in HTML which as annoying as all holy...)
    However it only really annoys me when people use defense instead of defence, it's just some little thing in me that hates it being spelled with an s

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The REALLY annoying thing about that was the guy who invented HTML was British.

19. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Well then, don't act like your entitled to assume that Americans love to twist your language.

And besides, you still haven't worked on improving your grammar yet!

So between the both of us, which is the bigger crime to your English language: using different "American" spellings, or butchering up the English grammar?

20. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Nothing is one wrong with my grammer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.