1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cutting in line

Discussion in 'Rants' started by damanali, Mar 7, 2010.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Why do people cut in line? Do they like it when people gets angry at them for doing it?
    Ok, so my little sister and I went to the movies to watch Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton and we were in line to buy tickets and damn foreigner cuts in line cause he just speaks english to the usher who tell us to fall in line, like what the hell? Sure cause he is a foreigner and he speaks english as a mother dialect means he can get ahead? What the F!

Then when we are buying sodas and popcorn, some ladies cuts in line cause they are showing big bills than us? Like is their money better than our money? we are even buying more expensive food than they are?

Then last, in going inside the theater, we were in line next to a lady which was the true line and some people who are in the second line were told by the ushers to follow the first true line and some guy with his girlfriend just puff in front of us. I told my sister aloud if we are following the lady in the line and the guy was angry because i "supposedly" accused him of cutting in line. He explained that he was in front of the lady before and the lady supposedly cutted him earlier and he was forced to go to the second line and when the usher told them to line up to the first true line, he just went behind the lady which is in front of us....

So here are my rant questions:

1.) Why do people cut in line?
    2.) Is it justifiable to cut in line?
    3.) Is the guy who cuts us in line in theater justifiable in his anger for us supposedly and according to him accused of cutting in line?

2. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

It's one of the tragic facts of life, just live with it

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I believe the term is "You snooze, you lose." Defend your place in the queue with your life. I hate queues and lines anyway... why should I have to wait in line with the rabble that is the general public.

4. super_pastafari32

because we need order (actualy there is no "real" order in this world, but you know what i'm talking about)
    cahos is a thing of descontrol and disorder... we would have nothing with caos, you-know

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

You mean we would have nothing without Chaos

6. super_pastafari32

sorry my bad...
    i mean that we will have "nothing" if we live in chaos

7. ChevyNovaSS

ChevyNovaSS Well-Known Member

i cut but only in the school lunch line, if i dont i have to spend half of my lunch waiting and by then the bring out to horrible "Ham in a hotdog bun" meal (no joke, its just one slice of nasty ham). because there are groups of people who cut and then their friend cut with them. But cutting in the genral public is wrong, but its how people work.

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

My point was, that without chaos, you wouldn't have a life to live.

9. super_pastafari32

That sounds interesting. In what do you base that?

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

[size=16pt]BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Life would be boring without any sort of conflict. That, meaning that everyone would think the same to avoid conflict, thus being boring.

12. super_pastafari32

SO poignant... i know there must be a reason like that, it's like the necesity of evil in this world,
    but i want someone say it :) (i dont have the words, is not like if i want to prove something)

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Sure..

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I've always had the mentality that if you're not cutting in line then you're doing it wrong. And I'm not talking about lines here.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Doesn't work with parking spots and angry women :(

And in my job...in a super makret in a shitty suburb...making line cutters move is suicide.

I let them do the fist talking, but if it was me that was being cut...

Let's say the store shall be closed until I get what I want :p

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

cutting in line is one of the malaysian tradition.... the barbarian call malaysian doesnt have line, and if it does they feel like its thier job to cut the line.....

its worse now that barbarian from indonesian (foreign worker and illegal immigrant) mix into malaysian.

17. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Pen not a straw. The staw will get wet and it'll get stuck inside.

18. Void

Void Well-Known Member

1.) Why do people cut in line? Personal gain.
    2.) Is it justifiable to cut in line? Morally subjective. On a societal moral scale, no.
    3.) Is the guy who cuts us in line in theater justifiable in his anger for us supposedly and according to him accused of cutting in line? Who's to say? I'd argue irrational emotions aren't justified in any circumstance.

Let's all go home.

19. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

Well, I'm british.
    So I love my queues and feel like killing someone if they cut in.
    Doesn't help that I just came back from Italy where they have no sense of lines or anything like that at all...

20. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

At the back of my mind, i was thinking that i should have brought my swiss knife with me and kinda stab that guy or just punch him at the back of his head and gave him a hemmorage(sp?) or something.