1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Crown3DS: The First 3DS Flashcard?

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Rumiko, Sep 16, 2011.

?

Do you think the Crown3DS card is legit or fake?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2011.
  1. I think it is legitimate.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I think it is fake.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really have an opinion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Naridar

Naridar Member

Um, not to break any arguments, but the site is in engrish ("we are in progressing"), and it's justified in that it's registered to a chinese address. So "released" could easily mean it's "revealed", as in, to the public. And they recently updated the site to 70% completion. And who said it's a US 3DS? They could be using an european one (or have dumped roms themselves).

I'm not saying it's not fake, but there are signs pointing both ways (why would they warn us about a scam site then?). We should wait and see.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I have read that on GBAtemp

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

geez, and calm down.
    No one said it was fake and no one said it was real. Stop claiming that it's fake.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the vast majority of the evidence so far suggests it is.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

*removed*

6. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

this seems intresting, will see the vid if it's true, and if it is i wonder how big is this screw up since if it only took months i wonder if nintendo used a DS based OS and upgrade it for 3DS? either that or the guys got lucky and found a flaw in the systema nd eploite deither way i will wait a year or two for more 3DS games once people understand how the AP works for 3DS (again if it's true ninty will launch AP'ed games ASAP so i wont bother with a 3DS yet)

7. jaimyinthahouse

jaimyinthahouse Well-Known Member

They really should give us more info or footage of their work ..

8. Jonez001

Well, I have seen that they sometimes remove those comments from the videos. I would have really hoped that they showed another video when they claimed at there website that the card is released.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

People are saying it is going to be released later this month.

10. Jonez001

Well... I sure hope that they release more videos then. Then they should have now have a card ready for shipping. I am rather curious how the card looks.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Maybe a crown?

12. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Probably, but will it have that stupid plastic chunk stopping you from putting it in a ds? Not that I wouldtry that!

13. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

A crown picture on the cart. Instead of 'R4'

14. jaimyinthahouse

jaimyinthahouse Well-Known Member

I really can''t wait , there are more and more roms coming already 28 or so!

But still the files are so huge , I can only have 2 or 3 on my sd =P

15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Lol. I've got to 32gb ones. My brothers friend works at OfficeWorks :).

And yes, they are huge. I figured a way to compress the archive it is in by loads, so downloads should be a lot smaller :)

16. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Do you think the card is real? Post your opinions here and on the poll.

17. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Only time will tell whether it's fake or not. Other than that, I think there's no real way of telling.

18. Jonez001

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=56765.0

It is better to keep the discussion all in one thread. Merged

Anyways, I still think it is fake. They should release a video where they show a dumped game working.

19. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's still too early to say anything. I'll just wait.

20. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

First, the 3DS emulator needs to come and to what im sure of A 3DS flashcart is not gonna happen because, the capacity of some roms are way too much. Even more than PSP iso/csos and plus it will be way to expensive because a 2 or 4gb cards simply wont do, a16 or 32 gb card would be your best option. like the wii the 3DS would probably be alike using a homebrew channel would be great and from there you can use a homebrew that boots up 3DS roms and this saves a lot of money!