1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Crown3DS: The First 3DS Flashcard?

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Rumiko, Sep 16, 2011.

?

Do you think the Crown3DS card is legit or fake?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2011.
  1. I think it is legitimate.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I think it is fake.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really have an opinion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

I have some news that you guys may find interesting. Actually, who am I kidding, of course you'd be interested ^^

Anyway, word is from DS-Scene.net that a new flashcard for the 3DS is currently in development. They've actually got some Youtube footage as proof and a link to the official website as well: Crown3DS.com

According to their website, they're 50% done with construction! Check the progress bar on their site. They've even got a message for the viewers as well:

IF this is true, this could be some big news. It looks legit to me, but check the video out for yourself. Do you guys buy it?

Post Merge: [time]1316182131[/time]
    Also, check out the discussion on this topic at GBA Temp if you haven't already: http://gbatemp.net/t308574-hot-crown3ds-flashcard-hacking-your-3ds-and-playing-3ds-gam?&st=0

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

sweet

3. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

No, I think there isn't enough proof to call it real. I still doubt it that some new team can do this in a couple of months while the DS took a year.

4. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

The 3DS' release in NA was about 6 months ago. They claim they're 50% done, so assuming they'll continue working at constant rate (and that they started at around the same time as the 3DS' NA release), it would take about a year in all. The timing isn't that strange.

I'm skeptic but I'm no expert on flashcards at all.

5. athemoe

Don't underestimate hackers.
    New or not.

6. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

I agree with Paranoia. They say they're 50% done which would give someone the impression that they're almost done with the product. And that would make them believe it may be a fraud, but at the same time there's no telling how long that other 50% will take.

7. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Well I kinda believe it's legit and kinda not ::)

I mean I know hackers become more clever and that Nintendo's a moron when it comes to securing their products in all,But it STILL feels like it's Wwwaaayyyyyy too early for a flashcart to come into play.While the whole "Nintendo will brick your system if you pirate" thing is illegal that doesn't automatically mean that Nintendo may have not came up with some other method of stopping piracy.And what's with the 100 dollar price tag?I mean seriously.It still seems fishy to me but at the same time it doesn't seem like it's far off from being the real deal.I don't know what to believe <_> oh well I'll sit in the background and wait to see what'll happen......

8. Jonez001

The strange part is that they already let pre orders come to a half made product

9. athemoe

hahahahahahaha

So did the 3DS ;3

10. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Dude what company doesn't allow pre orders for products that aren't done?Look at PSV it's up for Pre order at Amazon and it won't be out until 2012.

I kinda understand where your coming seeing it could be just a group of scammers trying to win some easy cash from ppl who are dumb enough to believe anything they hear.But we just can't up and say FAKE until we get more insight on this.I'm skeptical as well.But you never know this could be the real deal.....

11. Jonez001

With regret I agree with the spoiler its content

12. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

lol, Guess we'll wait and see...But 100 bucks!? Dag...

13. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Considering the price of 3DS games, it's not overly expensive if it is indeed legit.

14. Jonez001

Hmm wait a second... at the site they site they are 50% done but can't they be talking about the website itself? That the site is 50% done?

15. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

@~Paranoia~: Guess you're right, but DS flashcards are so cheap compared to THAT :/

@Jonez001: Nah, I'm sure they mean 50% done with the Flashcard.

16. Jonez001

Note: you can quote fyi. Anyway, I am sure that it is the website because it looks incomplete and somebody at GBAtemp has found their server with a half done database / site map

17. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I wonder who they turn that big circuit bord into a small chip....

When i viewd the video looked real enuth to me...

18. Jonez001

Look to the details... then you see the fishy things.

Like, the first message on the site says that it is released on now it states announced....

19. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

O ok, I see thanks - at the end of the day i don't have a 3DS so i should not relay talk about it.

20. Jonez001

Points that are fishy to me:

1) The pictures can be photoshoped...
    2) Pre orders for a cart which isn't done?
    3) The first text on the website clearly states that is 'released' and now it says that it announced.
    4) All questions or on Facebook and Twitter replied within seconds...
    5) The mail and stuff is in France but the site is registered by Chinese people?
    6) Tested with an own dumped rom... so they found the way to dump, which isn't confirmed 100% working, and got it running in 6 months?
    7) It can only play 1 game but nothing has been said about how the game is put on the cart. It could just be an opened cart because in the video the back of the cart is white which can be the glue to stick the cart together.
    8) When the plastic of the cart is put back on, the game isn't shown. But when you look, it is a Street Fighter 3DS plastic game which is put on.
    9) It can only support now USA games and it is only tested with ONE rom? Hmmm weird.
    10) Assuming that the video is real and that rom is working then the 3DS isn't hacked but only that rom. They got the 3DS in thinking that it was a legal game and because my Ez Flash Vi does that too with a normal DS game...
    11) The 3DS isn't shown in full before the cart has been put in.