1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Crown3ds--hacking your 3DS and playing 3DS games announced

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Crazyplayboy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

"Can i play 3DS games with a 3DS flashcard,which flashcard can play 3DS game, how to dump 3DS games, how to hack my nintendo 3DS. " You must have read many posts about these questions in the interent or you want to know these answers, before yesterday, you always got the answer NO NO NO... but now, there maybe a YES here.

Today a 3DS team named Crown3ds released a news that they have developped a new flashcard---Crown3ds flashcard, with this card, you can play 3DS games on your nintendo 3DS, they have done some tests and confirmed that it is working on splinter cell3d.3ds and some other games, they also released the working video. But they also said that this card currenly can not run all the 3DS games because of the tech problem, they are working ohard on it and will fix all the problems asap.

Here is the quote from crown3ds official site

"Crown3DS released!

After several months' development and testing,we are glad to announce that we have created the world's first real 3DS flashcard--Crown3DS.

We did the test and confirmed that Crown3DS was running 3DS games successfully on a V2.1.0-4 3DS console(video below). This is a great progress,and now we are trying to dump more 3DS games and do more tests, we will fix all the bugs and make sure it is working stable and compatible with all the 3DS games.

This YouTube video is showing Crown3DS running the 3DS game on a V2.1.0-4 3DS console--splinter cell3d.3ds, the capability of this game is 512MB.

Until now,crown3ds can not run all of the 3DS games because of some tech problems, so our next plan is to dump more 3DS games to enhance the Crown3DS game compatibility.

Crown3DS Team
    [email protected]

2011/9/15 "

this is a great progress, if it is true, 3DS players will not only enjoy the DS games, but also be able to play all of the 3DS games on nindendo 3DS.sounds great. Until now, we can't get more info about this item because not so many words about it in the interent, i did some research and found a few of them, from this link, http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=52 they said this item will come out in some time next month. but still don't know the price or other details, this site said they will release the specifications, performance and pics in the later time. So there will be more info about this item will be released soon, let's just looking forward to it.

Source

Youtube Video
    Official site

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

wow, interesting, this means they are one step closer to developing a real working flashcart

3. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

NOW we'll see what kinda procedures Nintendo intends to do......

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Nah, I think this is fake

5. iluvfupaburgers

it could be fake, since it is a new team nobody has ever heard of. but who knows, maybe it could be true too, we just have to wait and see. also, some sites are supposedly making preorders with the price being 99$

6. Jonez001

Secondly, it could be a opened 3DS game
    and after all, 'tested with splintercell.3ds' ... that's odd, did they dump that themselfs? Really, that rom isn't dumped officialy.

The website is still under construction and they have already put it on ShopTemp...
    I think that this is one of those early rip offs which if it is legit and real, it will end up like the R4 now and it will fail. I even read the 3D isn't working so maybe they have found a way to get the .nds part of the rom....

After long thinking: maybe a 3DS rom is split up into two parts. A NDS part and the new .3DS part. I think they can emulate the .NDS part which is custom to some hackers now but they struggle with the .3DS part.

The most weird of all in this story is that it is still in early development and they already have a sales team and such.... hmmm weird!

7. iluvfupaburgers

that is wierd. even though they did mention 3d is working. having a sales team in such early stage? could be some fraud. gbatemp tried asking them what games worked and they didnt respond. so the only game working is probably splinter cell, and hasnt been dumped officially yet, huh, wierd. maybe it could be what you are mentioning, probably could be a 3ds game that is tampered or something to look like a development flashcart

8. Jonez001

I think that is the case. More to my theory is that the official artwork and plastic of the game is put back on before they put it back on the 3DS. The card is also NEVER shown on camera.... weird no?

9. iluvfupaburgers

it is wierd. and what is more wierd is that know flashcart teams have not been able to do anything while this new unknown team comes up with this

10. Jonez001

If I may, let me continue.... Why is a STREET FIGHTER 4 plastic card stripped on a Splinter Cell game... My point is, why another game...

11. iluvfupaburgers

probably to "prove" that they are not using splinter cell game

12. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Look, i dunno were all this esceptisism is coming from but, they might have found a breaktrough by tackling the problem in a different way, pretty much same situation when einstein started proposing his ideas.

13. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Dude don't compare physics with hacking!

I also think it's fake because the video dosen't look so trusting.

14. Duncan Idaho

i was maikng an analogy, and the 50% is not specified either, and they clame it's only the second firmware version, let's run some logic here:

They've magnaged to run a .3ds game of the three dumped ones, it's not easy task, let's follow up with their claim of 50% it might be that they have done 50% of the base scripts, or it could be that for them the first 50% could be running the game, the other 50% would be making dumping tools, re making the OS of the flashcard in order to run the games at 1:1,etc.

finally einstein proposed several ideas that were considered ridiculous and stupid by his time, only to later being proven rigth.

As a different analogy for example is that there is a certain obscure book regarding the templar order, and one of the many things it proposes is that Cu Chulian came to america, way earlier than the spanish people since the description of kukulcan fists an european man of the most nordic regions and that kukulcan migth be a mistake of pronuctation if separated we ku kulcan add an i and you ahve ku kulian, let's cut it down that many experts were not happy when this idea came up.

Anyhow we are not sure of what they meant with 50%,etc. it could be that for them the first step is done, making the game run is done, the later step is as i said is make the tools and check for any AP or even how to avoid to have the 3DS to seek for new firmware,etc.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

To my knowledge einstein was never ridiculed, society had advanced beyond that by the time he lived (i.e WW1/WW2 era)

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you mistaken einstein with darwin. i understand that darwin's theory of evolution is seen ridiculous during his time and some people in todays age still believe its ridiculous.

17. Jonez001

Can you guys get back on topic plz?

18. Duncan Idaho

not by society per se, but rather the physics society dint do much listening until his ideas were proven rigth, before that einstein was the odd one of a bunch of people.

No the comunity of physics dint take einstein seriously until he started proving via maths that what he was proposing was true, since in physics any statement must be proved via maths.

Anyhow i hope they eventually make the product avaible, since i doubt it will be for next onths, but rather next year.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats normal. Science doesnt take anything seriously until its proven.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Or unless it's too late...

*Hello! There is a hole in the ozone layer!? WTF were we doing!?*

Kinda like when that happened.